User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Tundra has less payload than other full size trucks generally. If your truck has a 4.30 rear end you must get horrific gas mileage...Toyota consistently ranks just ahead of Titan for poor fuel economy.
    Yep it’s not great but it’s main function is to pull a boat or a camper. Didn’t buy it for fuel economy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup agree. My Sierra actually gets decent economy but didn’t buy it for that. 3 years old and it only has 40000 km on it
    They are all bad in a sense

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a 2800 and my truck was 1680 payload. With 4 people and 3 dogs, I was too close for my taste. The issue is control and stopping. Putting it to the max meant higher risk on my family. Easy conversation....truck is gone.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to tow a 36' travel trailer behind my Tundra. It worked great. I put helper springs on Tundra and good E rated tires. The brakes and transmission are very good in a Tundra. As to the 4.30 gears, they are offset my that great transmission. When towing, gas mileage was better than 250 Ford with same setup. The only complaint was it had a 26 gallon fuel tank, and with the long rig, it was difficult to get in and out of fuel stations sometimes impossible. After being unable to get to the gas pump during one vacation, and using 5 gallon can for fuel fill, I promised to get a diesel truck and pull in at truck stops. My now 38' Reflection is maneuvered in and out of diesel stops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Tundra has less payload than other full size trucks generally. If your truck has a 4.30 rear end you must get horrific gas mileage...Toyota consistently ranks just ahead of Titan for poor fuel economy.
    Actually, it’s not too bad (in my opinion and experience). Just filled up today, hand calculated it came out to 15.2 mpg. That’s with 200 miles of interstate, warming up in the mornings, off-roading in the Sandia mountains, pulling our camper a short distance, and city stop and go driving on 35” tires and a slightly heavy foot. It’s actually better mpg than I was able to achieve with a 2012 f150 ecoboost (both unloaded and towing) I once owned but not quite as good as a 5.3 Z71 silverado I owned before that. It’s a whole lot better mpg than another Z71 with a supercharged 383 I owned years ago ever got and even better than a 7.3 powerstroke company truck I once had. I didn’t buy this Tundra with mpg in mind anyway but I check every now and then just for kicks. With the small, street oriented OEM tires this tundra was getting 18.5 mpg pretty consistently and I even had a best tank of 21 mpg once (almost 100% interstate/highway driving). I guess it’s somewhat about perspective. In my years of driving, I’ve only owned a couple vehicles that could consistently get over 20 mpg but most were a lot of fun!
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the smaller 2400BH and with our 2015 silverado 1/2 ton, we were just under the GVWR. Had ZERO issues towing however one time driving in the hill-country around Austin, I did have an issue trying to make a pass at hwy speeds. Poor girl just couldn't do it. We usually set the cruise at 70 and kept it in 4th grear at about 3K rpm's. Gas milage was HORRIBLE. COVID-19 and the shortage of used vehihcles gave us the opportunity to upgrade the TV and with a 3/4 ton truck the difference is night and day! I am in no way saying and/or implying that you need a bigger truck. Like I said our 1/2 ton was perfect. But I also was very surprised at the difference upgrading to a bigger truck. Stay safe and enjoy the rig!!!
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tow a 2600RB using the Husky Centerline and it works really well - can’t imagine a hitch that works better. That said, our truck may be a significant part of the equation.
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tlars11 View Post
    Put money down on a 2019 2800 BH. Truck is a 2012 tundra with 5.7 and 4.30 gears. Anyone have a similar setup? How does the truck do?
    we have a 2018 tundra CM and a 2800bh and a 10k equalizer 4pt hitch. we've only towed a few hundred miles and 3 different camp sites but didn't have any issues. this is our first camper and truck, but as far as we know we didn't experience any sway or anything else scary.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh yeah, i also put HD roadmaster active suspension on the leaf springs. when we first towed it from the dealer to our seasonal campsite we both thought it felt very bouncy. the RAS was a noticeable improvement.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to bring up an older thread. But I am just purchasing a 2600RB. I have the Centerline with the 600 - 800 lp bars that I used on my previous trailer which was a bit lighter than the 2600RB. What pound bars are you using? I’m debating if I need to upgrade to the heavier bars. Thanks.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast