User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tonneau Folded or roll clearance for 2021 F250 CCSB, Pullirite slider and 150 - 295RL

Hi Everyone . I am having a difficult time trying to assess which tonneau cover will work for my new 5th wheel 295RL when turned at 90 degrees. I want to make sure that the 5th wheel with the slider for my Crew cab short box will clear any folded up or rolled up tonneau cover near the back window. Does anybody have a pullrite slider in a 2020 or 2021 F250 short box and has a fold up or roll up tonneau cover where the 5th wheel turning 90 degrees will clear the folded up or rolled up cover. Also the 5th wheel head cannot interfere with the edge of folded cover or rolled up cover (in addition to the overhead clearance). I have the camera above the back window so I can see hitch. I know retractable covers work great but you loose a foot or more of storage below the window because to cannister thickness. Your comments are well appreciated. Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alfredo, I have the 2017 f350 CCSB with a hard trifold tonneau that sits on top of my bed rails and I have the Pullrite Superglide. When folded it is 3.25 inches thick which gives me another 4 inches of clearance for my 5th wheel. The only time I have a concern with clearance turning is when the truck or the trailer is really off camber while backing up or pulling forward. When both are level no issues. Lastly, I have about 3/4 of an inch clearance between my Morhyde pin box capture plate and my trifold when folded and bucked down. Safe travels.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    Alfredo, I have the 2017 f350 CCSB with a hard trifold tonneau that sits on top of my bed rails and I have the Pullrite Superglide. When folded it is 3.25 inches thick which gives me another 4 inches of clearance for my 5th wheel. The only time I have a concern with clearance turning is when the truck or the trailer is really off camber while backing up or pulling forward. When both are level no issues. Lastly, I have about 3/4 of an inch clearance between my Morhyde pin box capture plate and my trifold when folded and bucked down. Safe travels.
    Thank you very much zinman for your detailed answer. well appreciated. Do you have the Superglide #2714 16k lbs which is 17.5 inches high in your box or the 2914 20k lbs which is 18.5 inches high in the box Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alfredo, I have the 4400 Traditional 20k Superglide hitch which is 18" high. I have to say I am seriously considering one of the hitch alternatives just to lose the weight. I am looking at the Pullrite Ultralight, Anderson Ultimate Hitch for my standard rails or the Reese Goosebox all of which have their pros and cons though.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    Alfredo, I have the 4400 Traditional 20k Superglide hitch which is 18" high. I have to say I am seriously considering one of the hitch alternatives just to lose the weight. I am looking at the Pullrite Ultralight, Anderson Ultimate Hitch for my standard rails or the Reese Goosebox all of which have their pros and cons though.
    Zinman, I would just love to get a Superlite but up here in Canada in the provincial parks there is a lot of bush with single lane roads, tight turns, and drop offs at the sides of the single lane roads. I leaned a 30 ft travel trailer against a tree last year on a turn and had to use boards to pull the trailer up away from the tree just to get past it. I think I would have many instances where I would need 80 degrees to almost 90 degrees to get around the corners. the space to make a wide turn just isn`t there. On top of that you can`t back up to realign. You can easily be a nervous wreck up here. We won`t even get into the trees above the trailer. Every year I see people back into trees, hit trees above them etc and thats with a spotter at the back. You hear the works " your good, keep coming, your good, then whack ohhh s*** . I really appreciate your comments and detailed measurements with the tonneau cover. thanks Zinman

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alfredo,

I was finally able to do some turning experiments with my tri-fold Extang tonneau. I was able to turn a full 90 with 3 inches of clearance to the overhang on the FW. I'll try to attach the picture, as this is my first attempt.

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PXL_20210207_201616256.jpg  
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brandtb1919 View Post
    Hi Alfredo,

I was finally able to do some turning experiments with my tri-fold Extang tonneau. I was able to turn a full 90 with 3 inches of clearance to the overhang on the FW. I'll try to attach the picture, as this is my first attempt.

Brian
    Thanks Brian. I am getting some comments on other forums that the Pullrite superglide hits the trifold Bakflip MX4 and pushes it towards the window when the Pullrite is straight on the F250 Short box. I would think the Bakflip and the Extang would be close to each other in wide when folded up to the third tri fold. So the Pullrite doesn`t come close to the Extang when hitching up?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    Thanks Brian. I am getting some comments on other forums that the Pullrite superglide hits the trifold Bakflip MX4 and pushes it towards the window when the Pullrite is straight on the F250 Short box. I would think the Bakflip and the Extang would be close to each other in wide when folded up to the third tri fold. So the Pullrite doesn`t come close to the Extang when hitching up?
    Hi Alfredo. I will have to make some straps to hold the loose folded fabric forward away from the pinbox, but this is a pretty simple mod and will give me clearance. I will know for sure how this works on the first trip this spring.

Brian

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210207_201000226.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	32022
    Brian and Lisa - Longmont, CO
    2021 Solitude 310GK
    2022 F350 Lariat DRW Powerstroke
    Firestone airbags - WirelessOne Airlift
    B&W Companion 20K
    Tireminder TPMS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Fold-A-Cover on my F350CCSB (and my previous GMC). It was a well-built hard 4-fold cover that worked great with the 5er hitch. Unfortunately, it looks like they have gone out of business or haven't reopened after Covid. The F450 has a Truck Covers USA retractile cover on it that I absolutely love. Mine is the American Work Cover and built like a tank... but their regular American Roll Cover canister is a component of my unit and is only 8inx8in and barely sticks up over the rails.
    2022 Momentum 351M-R
    2019 Ford F450 Platinum CC 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; Truck Covers USA American Work Tonneau; B&W 25K hitch; Airlift 5000 Ultimate+ w/WirelessAir; ZRoadZ back-up lamps
    Gone: 2018 Reflection 28BH; 2017 Ford F350 Platinum CCSB 6.7L Powerstroke FX4; 2015 GMC Denali 2500HD CCSB Dmax
    Gone but still in the family: 2004.5 Chev 2500HD CCSB LTZ Dmax