Likes Likes:  0

Thread: oven temp

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oven temp

We had never used our oven until we recently moved into our RV full time. My question is our oven only gets up to 300 degrees (per oven thermometer) and doesn't cycle off unless temperature is set to less than 300 degrees??
    Becky, BoBo and Mike
    2015 Solitude 369RL
    2020 GMC 2500 Duramax
    Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtclod View Post
    We had never used our oven until we recently moved into our RV full time. My question is our oven only gets up to 300 degrees (per oven thermometer) and doesn't cycle off unless temperature is set to less than 300 degrees??
    Don't know the make of your oven, but I've never had an issue with the oven only getting up to 300 degrees. I've cooked at various temperatures from 250 to 375 with no issue. We have a Wedgewood(Atwood) stove.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a bad regulator or pinched/kinked gas line. Maybe take a look underneath at the line that feeds the range, then check your gas pressure at the range.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtclod View Post
    Are the grids all lighting when you turn up the oven temperature. Open the door while lit and check. If only one or two light then you won't get full heat. I have seen spiders and other critters get into stoves and ovens and cause problems.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are on our second oven for the same issue-do you even have a thermostat on the oven? The replacement doesn't have one, so good luck knowing what the temperature is anyway. Got good digital thermometer and found that it will heat up to about 460, then just shuts off. But wait it gets better, once the flame goes out, the gas continues to flow! We have been going round and round with GD, Furrion, The dealer, and the warranty company.