User Tag List

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Cable Size

I have four lithium batteries 4x100 ah, with the factory installed 2000 watt inverter and a Victron Bm 712.

What size battery cables should be used from BM 712 shunt to 1st battery, and cable size between each battery?

Usage is primarily for residential fridge, tv and various small electronics. I like to run the generator in the morning to make coffee and get batteries warmed up for solar charging the rest of the day.

Disclaimer - the Mrs will inadvertently run the hair dryer but see no other large power draws while on inverter.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ktnissen View Post
    I have four lithium batteries 4x100 ah, with the factory installed 2000 watt inverter and a Victron Bm 712.

What size battery cables should be used from BM 712 shunt to 1st battery, and cable size between each battery?

Usage is primarily for residential fridge, tv and various small electronics. I like to run the generator in the morning to make coffee and get batteries warmed up for solar charging the rest of the day.

Disclaimer - the Mrs will inadvertently run the hair dryer but see no other large power draws while on inverter.
    4/0 is what you need. Use welding cables as they are more flexible.

On edit These folks have everything you need (wire terminals, etc). https://temcoindustrial.com/

However use the search feature as there are places that can make up the cables if you give then dimensions and lug sizes, etc.. Search battery cables here and on the GD site.
    Hope this helps
    Last edited by powerscol; 01-17-2021 at 09:22 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar