User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just sold our Itasca 36' diesel pusher with several glamping features like king bed, washer dryer, residential refrigerator, satellite tv and tons of storage. We just bought an Imagine 22mle, and looking forward to a much simpler camping experience. We have not yet been on a trip but looking forward to our first shake down week end. My biggest fear is backing up the trailer. I have two questions; do I need a back up camera and do I need a tire monitor system. The trailer is wired for both. If I need both, what brand is best; the backup wiring is for a furion system and the tire monitor wiring is for a Tire Line system. Thanks for the help.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the new trailer. You are going to be in for a little shock about the difference in room from the motorhome. I use the TST tire system and it has given me 4 years of reliable service. You can buy it through TechnoRV.com. They are now also stocking the Tire Minder System. I have considered a back up camera but have not made the jump yet. My backing up is still a work in progress. One time I do it well and the next time I have no clue what I'm doing. You have to take your time and not rush which I'm not real good at. TechnoRV only sells things they have tested themselves and can recommend. They just started stocking a Backup camera they feel meets their standards.
    2013 Ford Eco Boost CC ( previous)
    2016 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
    2019 Reflection 297 RSTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard. For sure your experience will be simpler with the change you made. We went from a 5th wheel to a Class A to a 5th wheel and are enjoying our current RV very much.

I have found that a rear view camera isn't helpful for backing up. Mirrors and my DW as a spotter are the best. The rear view does come in handy when driving as I can see if someone is behind me sometimes and maybe give them a bit more passing room when possible. I suppose the camera does help a little once backed up to see exactly how close I am to the back of a site, but again my DW spotter is the best.

I use a TireMinder I10 model. I swapped out my TST since the i10 is easier to read and shows all the tire pressures and temps I am interested in (those on the trailer) at one glance and I don't have to wait for the reading to cycle through all the tires being monitored. TechnoRV also has these now and maybe they are on sale.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Whitehouse View Post
    We just sold our Itasca 36' diesel pusher with several glamping features like king bed, washer dryer, residential refrigerator, satellite tv and tons of storage. We just bought an Imagine 22mle, and looking forward to a much simpler camping experience. We have not yet been on a trip but looking forward to our first shake down week end. My biggest fear is backing up the trailer. I have two questions; do I need a back up camera and do I need a tire monitor system. The trailer is wired for both. If I need both, what brand is best; the backup wiring is for a furion system and the tire monitor wiring is for a Tire Line system. Thanks for the help.
    Welcome to the 22mle group. I hope you'll like yours as much as we like ours.
    We got the dealer to throw in the backup camera in ours but in IMO it doesn't replace a spotter. If I had to choose between camera and tpms I'd go with the tpms first. Most popular brand is TST 507 followed by Tire Minder. I can't speak for the Tire Line system. For the camera system, it doesn't have to be a Furrion. Ours came with an adapter to plug into the Furrion wiring. There's many threads and reviews on here that you can search and read up on and go from there.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE