User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    just curious what you cook on a Blackstone griddle while camping. Huge fan of looppellet smoker, but kids bought us a griddle for Christmas. Outside of breakfast, what do you normally cook?
    Literally cooked sausages, brats, burgers, veggies, sautéed onions, etc...

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I only had to pick one I’d agree that the pellet grill would be better. However as you’re seeing the griddle is very versatile. I find myself putting something in the smoker in the morning and the cooking breakfast on the griddle. Always good to have options.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything! I have the 4 burner on my deck at home. We even make pancakes on it.all at once! I make a whole meal at the same time (burgers, taters, onions..)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgist View Post
    just curious what you cook on a Blackstone griddle while camping. Huge fan of looppellet smoker, but kids bought us a griddle for Christmas. Outside of breakfast, what do you normally cook?
    Wow. Chicken for fajitas. Smashburgers with toasted buns. Shrimp. Beef tenderloin cut into 1 & 1/2 - 2” steaks. My most versatile cooking tool. Plus it keeps the high temp cooking mess out of the camper. It’s a bit bulky, and hard to move (need to design a better carrying case), and the wind is a challenge (made some windbreakers with aluminum foil) Cleans up in a jiffy. Carry a 20lb propane tank just for it.
    Matt
    2021 Momentum 376THS FW
    2020 Ram 3500 HO Cummins DRW LB
    B&W Companion 25K Splendide Washer and Dryer Separate DV6400X

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We eat a lot of stir-fry as it super is easy to do and don't create a lot of dirty dishes preparing. Pick your meat, veggies, oils and spices and your good to go. Chicken and pork are our favorite meats, we save the beef for burgers and steaks. Tater tots are good cooked with the bacon grease from breakfast. Goes great with burgers on the other side. Keep a high domed lid handy for covering food if you want to bring the temperature up. You can turn one side off and cover with the high domed lid to keep something warm while the rest of dinner cooks.
    We share the cooking space with the dogs, they like dinner served warm after a day in the desert. Here's chicken stir fry on the grill.
    Our dinner is on the left with the chicken, peppers, broccoli, peas and onions, the dogs is on the right with chicken, broccoli stalks and carrots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dinner.jpg  
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything breakfast,
    Stir fry, hamburgers, steaks, 99% of all we cook. Unless we need a pan. Only thing that is sort of disappointing is hot dogs (no grill marks).

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every time I see a thread on the Blackstone it makes me think that there is no reason to trade off my 3 burner CampChef stove and cast iron griddles other than maybe weight. Or am I just a die hard cast Iron/CampChef user?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Subscribe to Utube griddle chefs like Todd Tobin, The Waltwins, The Hungry Hussey and others and watch them cook great stuff on the Blackstone. Blackstone has its own Utube channel too.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased 2 porterhouse steaks yesterday but my griddle is on the poach and it is 26 and snowing. I'll cook inside.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgordon View Post
    Subscribe to Utube griddle chefs like Todd Tobin, The Waltwins, The Hungry Hussey and others and watch them cook great stuff on the Blackstone. Blackstone has its own Utube channel too.
    Yes, Todd Tobin cooks great food, it's a pleasure to watch him work!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast