Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2121 Momentum 350G Haier Fridge Questions

Hello, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions about the operation of the Haier residential fridge in my Momentum 350G. I did not receive an operators manual from the dealership, so is there a version I can download online? My main question is kind of silly. How do I turn it off? I don't see a way to turn it off on the control panel. Even disconnecting the battery shut off switch for the trailer does not kill power to the fridge. Do I have to pull out the tools and manually remove all of the cables from the batteries? If I do that I lose the benefit of the solar panel recharging/conditioning the batteries. If I do not cut power to the fridge it will draw the batteries down to an 84% charge by morning, and the solar panels recharge to 100% the next day, but it sure seems better to just be able to turn the fridge off. It seems kind of silly to have an empty fridge running all the time while it is just parked in my driveway over the winter.
    Last edited by 3TVRVr; 01-19-2021 at 06:46 AM.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should have an inverter on/off panel some where to run the residential refer.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I thought of this in the middle of the night last night. I woke from a sound sleep at 2 AM thinking "the inverter, I need to turn the inverter off". but I left for work well before daylight this morning, and just got home a few minutes ago, so well past nightfall tonight. As soon as I can be home in daylight I'll go see where the shut off is for the inverter. Thanks for the reply, and confirming my thoughts.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, starting to get a little frustrated now. I looked all over the inverter, which is under the front of the RV, next to the generator, and there are no on/off switches. It is plugged into an electrical outlet, and unplugging it makes no difference. I checked the control panel inside the RV, and there is no on/off switch for an inverter. There is a breaker for a "converter", but turning it off makes no difference. There is a breaker for the "refer" (fridge I presume), but turning it off makes no difference. There is a separate 15 amp fuse labeled "fridge", but pulling that fuse makes no difference. Finally, turning each and every breaker off, including two labeled "main", makes no difference. Nothing I have tried will shut this fridge off. And we have had several stormy days, and the solar panel is not recharging the battery adequately each day, so each day the battery charge drops further, it is now at an 18% state of charge. I started the generator to let it run for a while, but this is ridiculous, I need to be able to turn that fridge off.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3TVRVr View Post
    Ok, starting to get a little frustrated now. I looked all over the inverter, which is under the front of the RV, next to the generator, and there are no on/off switches. It is plugged into an electrical outlet, and unplugging it makes no difference. I checked the control panel inside the RV, and there is no on/off switch for an inverter. There is a breaker for a "converter", but turning it off makes no difference. There is a breaker for the "refer" (fridge I presume), but turning it off makes no difference. There is a separate 15 amp fuse labeled "fridge", but pulling that fuse makes no difference. Finally, turning each and every breaker off, including two labeled "main", makes no difference. Nothing I have tried will shut this fridge off. And we have had several stormy days, and the solar panel is not recharging the battery adequately each day, so each day the battery charge drops further, it is now at an 18% state of charge. I started the generator to let it run for a while, but this is ridiculous, I need to be able to turn that fridge off.
    On many residential refrigerators, if you turn the temperature all the way down, it turn off the refrigerator. I did a quick Google search for "Haier residential fridge manual" and came up with two factory URL's, https://www.haierappliances.com/support/manuals and https://www.haierappliances.com/supp...tors/operation . I do not know the model of your refrigerator, so I could go no further. May they can tell you how to turn off the unit.

On the inverter, if this is a stock installation I would call your dealer and/or Grand Design. They should be able to tell you where the inverter on/off switch is located on your trailer.

I do not know how the inverter is installed/connected. Can you post a picture of it and give us the brand and model number? Are you sure you are looking at the inverter and not the converter? When you say "It is plugged into an electrical outlet, and unplugging it makes no difference." does the unit have a male plug (exposed prongs) on a cord (that would be the converter, the battery charger)) or does it have an outlet (recessed prongs) on the unit that a cord is plugged into (that would be an inverter)? I am very surprised there is no switch or fuse/circuit breaker on the inverter itself. If you can access the inverter, you should be able to disconnect one of the battery leads and that will disable it.

Let us know

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3TVRVr View Post
    Might be a remote switch on a wall or cabinet.
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...l=1#post290027

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/60573
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/60574
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Magnum Remote.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	36.5 KB 
ID:	31714

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/45951

Name:	WFCO Remote.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	31713
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help everyone. I looked through one operators manual for my fridge that I found online, and for storage it said "remove food from fridge" and then "unplug fridge". Not a lot of help. I'll look through the other links and see if they are more helpful. When the dealer did the walk around on my RV, showing me how everything worked, he pointed at the electrical box I am talking about and said "that is your inverter". I'll try and take a picture tomorrow. It is in a place that is hard to see, and find a model number on it. I put a call in to my dealer yesterday and told them I needed to talk to one of their technicians to have them explain to me what I needed to know. They were going to call me right back. They haven't.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help everyone. With a little more time, and more daylight, I was able to find the inverter on/off switch. It is mounted high in the storage compartment in the front of the RV. It is black, in an unlighted compartment, and I didn't see it initially. Pushing the button shuts off the inverter, which shuts off the fridge. Problem solved. Thanks again.

Inverter.

Name:	Momentum 350G  Inverter.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	608.2 KB 
ID:	31720

Shut off switch

Name:	Momentum 350G Inv Switch.jpeg 
Views:	9 
Size:	521.1 KB 
ID:	31721