User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best hitch set up for 29G

Good afternoon,

The wife and I are considering trading in our 2017 North Trail bunk house (33'/8500+/- Lbs) for a 29G travel trailer toy hauler. Reading various forums it seems this and many other similar trailers have a lot of sway to deal with. Our truck is a 2019 Ram 2500 with 3000 pounds payload and little over 14000 pounds trailering capability. The trailer we are looking at has 2700 pounds CCC. Worse case scenario we would be about 2500 pounds. I added up what we will usually carry and with a half tank water and fuel for the generator and one motorcycle we are closer to 1300 pounds in the trailer.

Anyone have much experience with a similar tow vehicle and trailer and what hitch are you using? Happy with the handling etc?

Thanks for any input,

Cory

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can tell you from experience, that the 29G has over 1500Lbs of tongue weight.

We generally use a Reese Straitline hitch with 1700lb bars for them.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huntr70, thanks for the info. My salesman recommended Blu Ox but I looked it up and max bars are 1500. I will look at the Straitline. Thanks again for the help...I've looked at your website many times as we are just above you in NY.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverram View Post
    Huntr70, thanks for the info. My salesman recommended Blu Ox but I looked it up and max bars are 1500. I will look at the Straitline. Thanks again for the help...I've looked at your website many times as we are just above you in NY.
    Blue Ox has 2000 lb bars.

https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Dist...x/BXW2000.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also pull a 29G.
    We have been using the R3 Recurve with 1200lb bars. Easy set up. Also this unit has an adjustable sway control that can be tightened if needed, or loosened all the way for icy roads.
    It is super easy to hook up and once you get the sway adjustment set even the semis passing don't move the TT.

http://www.camco.net/weight-distribu...00lb-kit-48753
    Neil and Joyce Anderson
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 29G
    2010 F350SD Dually / 2019 Harley Ultra Limited (Mine) / 2016 Harley Street Glide (Wife's)
    Might get to retire someday if we ever stop spending money!!