Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

B&W Companion 3710 and GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Standard Bed

Picking up a 2021 GMC Sierra 3500HD crew cab with standard bed Saturday. It has the factory pucks so I need to purchase a new hitch. I had a B&W Patriot slider in my 2016 Silverado 2500HD crew cab standard bed. Hitch was mounted to rails so cant reuse on new truck. In all of our trips over 4 years of ownership I never used the slider. We have a Solitude 2930RL. My contact with B&W says I should be ok without the slider hitch in new truck. Would like to know if anyone is using the B&W 3710 hitch on a 2020 or 2021 Chevy or GMC HD crew cab standard bed truck. If so do you have enough clearance between truck bed rails and fifth wheel? My understanding is that the bed rails sit higher on the new trucks. Adequate clearance between pin box and tailgate? Adequate clearance between truck cab and fifth wheel? If yes to my questions what height do you have the hitch set at? Lastly can I get the Solitude level with the truck or will it ride high. So many things to consider. Appreciate any help and information.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't comment on Solitude configuration but I was researching initial options for our trailer to get it home prior to installing goosebox and came across this option with existing hitch - https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...urt/C88KR.html

May be an option without having to buy a new hitch.
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali SRW SB Duramax 4x4
    2021 Reflection 31MB Goosebox 16k

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for info. Like to know if your truck is a standard bed and if you have any clearance issues between truck and Reflection? Able to get Reflection level?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fam5mel View Post
    Thanks for info. Like to know if your truck is a standard bed and if you have any clearance issues between truck and Reflection? Able to get Reflection level?
    Standard bed for the setup and do not see any clearance issues from initial setup/backup test shown here, will always keep an eye on it since I know it is there with the setup, but figured truck and trailer need to be on some decent opposing ground angles for contact to occur. Guessing it is probably a few inches high from pictures but have not put a tape on front/back. From what I recall, don't think I could have adjusted goosebox any higher due to overall hole pattern layout with pinbox wing plates and goosebox. Currently running B&W gooseneck ball which is little taller then the Curt gooseneck ball. Probably best to keep an eye on my tire wear front to back and decide if out of level condition is causing any issue.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice set-up! We just purchased a Reflection 337RLS today and probably won't it up for a few more weeks. I too have a 2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500 Duramax. I am leaning towards the Gen Y 5th wheel to goosebox conversion. I really like not have to deal with the air bag, it is well built and made in USA. I know the Reese is the only "approved goose hitch, but I think it is mainly because of their business relationship. Reading on the Gen Y, they are going through the testing with Lippert to be approved. The Gen Y is the same principal as the Reese. I will be using the B&W gooseball as well. Did you consider the Gen Y?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn1427 View Post
    Standard bed for the setup and do not see any clearance issues from initial setup/backup test shown here, will always keep an eye on it since I know it is there with the setup, but figured truck and trailer need to be on some decent opposing ground angles for contact to occur. Guessing it is probably a few inches high from pictures but have not put a tape on front/back. From what I recall, don't think I could have adjusted goosebox any higher due to overall hole pattern layout with pinbox wing plates and goosebox. Currently running B&W gooseneck ball which is little taller then the Curt gooseneck ball. Probably best to keep an eye on my tire wear front to back and decide if out of level condition is causing any issue.
    How much clearance do you have on the bedrails? looks like at least 6"+ I have the same truck and your photos answer my question on if the goosebox will work on the 2020 GM trucks.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyBear View Post
    How much clearance do you have on the bedrails? looks like at least 6"+ I have the same truck and your photos answer my question on if the goosebox will work on the 2020 GM trucks.
    Had trailer hooked up today and got a photo, tape is blurry, but ~8.5" of clearance.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE= Currently running B&W gooseneck ball which is little taller then the Curt gooseneck ball. Probably best to keep an eye on my tire wear front to back and decide if out of level condition is causing any issue.[/QUOTE]

Are you running the B&W 4" setback ball or a standard ball in the stock location?
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR9 View Post
    Are you running the B&W 4" setback ball or a standard ball in the stock location?
    Just a standard ball (https://www.etrailer.com/Gooseneck-H...WGNXA2062.html), but dont know what the Ford comparable would be for B&W. Dont think they make a 4" offset for 2020+ GM when I was shopping and based on Q/A here - https://www.etrailer.com/question-378949.html.