Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On Going Recliner Issues

We have a 2014 Solitude 369RL that we love. Last August we had to have one of the theater love seat recliners replaced due to seams coming apart at the corner on the footrest. No problem getting that issue resolved. The new seat came with a different mechanism to raise the footrest, more of a rip cord design. In January I had to take it in to an upholster for repairs as the cord was rubbing on the material and it now had a hole in it. With in a month the recliner back from the upholster a hole has started wearing from the handle in the seat it's self. During the time it was in the shop I used the recliner from the sofa, this one started to wear due to the sharp corner on the foot rest. I emailed JD from Grand Design who then sent it to Seat Tech (Lippert Components) and I have received this note from them; "At this point we do not see this as a warrantable issue regarding the corners of the sofas as they have not punctured or show any signs of thinning at this point." I am getting a little frustrated with the lack of quality of these seats, looks like I may have to just bite the bullet and get some better chairs on my own.

Otherwise like I said we love our Solitude and have enjoyed full timing in it, so much so that I am an admin on the GD Owners Facebook page. We've been from TX to VT and back with no issues of the RV it's self.
    Faye N Dave-The Wandering Camels
    Fulltimers class of '13
    2014 Solitude 369RL #1054
    2012 Chevy 3500HD 4x4 DRW crew cab long bed
    40 gallon auxiliary tank with tool box
    http://www.maloufsrvtour.blogspot.com

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2015 GD379FL we FT now going on 5 months,,I am a big guy (350 LB) all furniture is holding up GREAT,, The only thing I replaced is the bed went with Numbers Bed, ( I Have Bad Back ),,,,Heck we have stayed in 5 Star Hotels and their beds were not very good,,,
    Nelson & Susan
    Bakersfield, Ca.
    FT @ Orange Grove RV Park
    2015 GD379FL Solitude
    We Pull with 2016 RAM 3500 DRW, 4x4, 6.7 Cummins
    We are FTing and FT Work we have a few more years till we can travel

ellie0149
    We are having issues with seams coming apart on the love seat arms..waiting to see what dealer will do.