User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbaker View Post
    Capt Bob,

So finally decided to go over the roof but I don't have access to the trailer currently, I was curious if you happen to remember the length of cable needed for the 22MLE. I would wait but the cameras are on sale now. Thanks for any info you can provide.
    Sorry for the delayed response.
    First, I never indicated the length cable I wanted when I first placed my order.
    Why?
    Well I originally ordered a wireless model. The next day I received an email from customer service requesting the distance between the camera and the monitor. I replied about 33'. Next day, another email recommending I go with the RD model due to the length so I said sure and got the 5" monitor. I'm thinking they sent the cable length based on my first reply, 33'. I had to coil the extra length, stowed it on the roof with it partially under the AC unit plastic cover. Seems to work and travel without problem.

I'm thinking that the 26' length (shortest offered) is what you should ask for when ordering online. It will give you more than enough (you will have some slack) but it coils easily.

Lastly, I also purchased the BST1 Power Booster. Seems there was a reported voltage drop on GM model trucks at the camera connection and I measured voltage to confirm. It did exist and with the booster, I now have a solid 12v+ at the connection. This may not be necessary on your Ford.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Bob View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response.
    First, I never indicated the length cable I wanted when I first placed my order.
    Why?
    Well I originally ordered a wireless model. The next day I received an email from customer service requesting the distance between the camera and the monitor. I replied about 33'. Next day, another email recommending I go with the RD model due to the length so I said sure and got the 5" monitor. I'm thinking they sent the cable length based on my first reply, 33'. I had to coil the extra length, stowed it on the roof with it partially under the AC unit plastic cover. Seems to work and travel without problem.

I'm thinking that the 26' length (shortest offered) is what you should ask for when ordering online. It will give you more than enough (you will have some slack) but it coils easily.

Lastly, I also purchased the BST1 Power Booster. Seems there was a reported voltage drop on GM model trucks at the camera connection and I measured voltage to confirm. It did exist and with the booster, I now have a solid 12v+ at the connection. This may not be necessary on your Ford.
    Thanks for the reply, sounds like the plan. Think I'll wait on the power booster until I have access to the trailer.

Thanks again.
    MrBaker
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2011 Ford F250 Lariat 6.2 L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12