User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replace RV Slam Latches -2020 Solitude 310 GK-R

Last night one of my my starboard (RV door side) basement Lippert slam latches broke. I have two on that basement door. It would unlock but the "latch connection" to the inner mechanics of the lever/latch pin broke off. I ended up crawling through the port side basement entry area to pull the latch pin up with a screw driver.
    Removal of the slam lock was an easy 4 screw step. Once taken apart, I noticed quite a bit of interior rust inside the slam latch after only one year. I've always lubed the lock but now realize that about once a year these Lippert slam locks should be removed, taken apart, cleaned and lubed. See pic.

After also considering "key security" I now want to replace all three of my RV slam latches. I'm looking for some good product specific ideas from you all that have gone down this road. Thank you in advance for your response. Benny

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV Slam Latch.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	31666
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Hitch: Andersen 3220 Ult 2 With Safety Chain Package.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.
    Autoformer/Surge Protect: Hughes 50 AMP

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other members have been happy with replacements from these folks - you might have to call and talk to them to find out exactly what you need:

https://www.rvlocksandmore.com/locks...partment-Locks

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Other members have been happy with replacements from these folks - you might have to call and talk to them to find out exactly what you need:

Rob
    Thanks Rob. Actually was just on their website after viewing a You Tube video from a RV travel couple on how they went about changing their RV door and basement locks to keyless entry. I'm now going to change out RV door and all slam latch doors, just got to figure out the actual right products.

Thanks as always, Benny. 67 degrees today, sunny and no wind in Panama City Beach Fl.
    RV: 2020 Solitude 310GK - FB Paint, 300W Solar, Onan 5500 Gen, DP Windows, Samsung R-Frig, Splendide Stacked W/D.
    Tow Vehicle: 2020 3500 Silverado, DRW, HC Pkg., D-Max 6.6L Diesel, 10 Spd. Allison Trans.
    Satellite: Winegard Pathway X2/Wally Rec. RV Tow Camera Rear: Furrion Sharkfin 7" Monitor.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bhop56 View Post
    ... Thanks as always, Benny. 67 degrees today, sunny and no wind in Panama City Beach Fl.
    Weather envy...
    42F with 30 MPH+ wind gusts at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post

Rob
    Rob, on second look I had been looking at the RVlock.com website (the one the RV couple made the You Tube video) not the RVLocksandmore website.
    I've now looked at them both. The RVLock.com website offers a nice (but not cheap) keyless entry for the RV entry door however they do not offer a basement door latch for my Solitude. Thankfully they had pics of what they do replace and what they cannot replace. Without the comparison pics it would be easy to order basement latches that would not fit. So far I cannot find an exact replacement for my original LCI slam-latch. It does not have a model SN or anything. The search for a solution continues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this same problem, but both latches are broken. If you find a solution, please update us.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Door Locks 2020 310 GK Solitude - Entry Door and Slam Latch Locks

Quote Originally Posted by newshutz View Post
    I have this same problem, but both latches are broken. If you find a solution, please update us.
    Sure, glad to help. My entry door I went with the RV Lock (fob entry, etc). Working very nice x 6 mos now. Very easy install. Too bad they did not make (at the time) slam latches for my RV so I could synch all locks up.

The basement slam latch lock "hunt" was quite a challenge for a short time. Long story short to save you time do this:
    1. Call GD parts and give them the "sticker number" off the back of your basement door. If you do not have that sticker they can go by the RV serial number. These basement doors are changed out frequently by GD, so models change code numbers frequently. Once you have the correct "key code number" from GD, for that exact RV run basement door, then call LCI (Lippert) parts and work with them. Trying to go through other 3rd party vendors was a waste of time for me and I almost bought the wrong door latch. Both of my basement door latches and the one door latch on the water closet side of the RV are all the same. These latches are not cheap. Going 3rd party you risk getting the wrong latch. Good luck!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The basement slam latch lock "hunt" was quite a challenge for a short time. Long story short to save you time do this:
    1. Call GD parts and give them the "sticker number" off the back of your basement door.
    I'm disappointed the GD provided latches are plastic. My Cougar fifth wheel had nice metal latches that were much smoother. Mine have worked OK so far (Fingers Crossed).

If someone finds some nice metal replacements, I would love to know!
    2018 Solitude 344gk
    2021 Ram 3500 SRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removal of the slam lock was an easy 4 screw step. Once taken apart, I noticed quite a bit of interior rust inside the slam latch after only one year. I've always lubed the lock but now realize that about once a year these Lippert slam locks should be removed, taken apart, cleaned and lubed. See pic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RV Slam Latch.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	31666
    I just ran across this thread and was wondering what type of lubrication would be good to use on the inside of these locks?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am looking for a place where I can get a replacement slam latch for my 2017 Momentum. I tried to order a new one but it is completely different and would not fit my door. Does anyone know where I could get replacement latch used or new that would fit? Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast