User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the AUH with my Solitude 385 GK R with 16,800 GVW pulling with a F-350 SRW 6.75 bed and I love the setup. I have 5000lb airbags and that probably helps smooth the ride. My AUH sits on the Ford goose neck ball in the bed. I have the Ford puck system. There is 7-8 inches of bed rail clearance and I can make 80 degree turns with an inch to spare..lol. I do have to watch the camper and truck clearance on sharp turns.
    2020 Solitude 385 GK R
    2019 F-350 Diesel King Ranch SRW
    Load Lifter 5000 lb Air Lift Airbags

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a '19 RAM 3500 SRW SB with the factory puck system, and just bought a 320G. I love the idea of the gooseneck ball, and the AUH is high on my list. My question, if anyone can answer it, is my driveway, where I will keep the trailer, is about a 5-7* uphill from the street initially. My worry is the even with the rear most setting, the extended part of the nose cap being low enough to possibly contact the truck. Turn angle should not be more than about 80* on the turn. Would love a Reese Goosebox, but I would think it would be worse.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I have a '19 RAM 3500 SRW SB with the factory puck system, and just bought a 320G. I love the idea of the gooseneck ball, and the AUH is high on my list. My question, if anyone can answer it, is my driveway, where I will keep the trailer, is about a 5-7* uphill from the street initially. My worry is the even with the rear most setting, the extended part of the nose cap being low enough to possibly contact the truck. Turn angle should not be more than about 80* on the turn. Would love a Reese Goosebox, but I would think it would be worse.
    I can’t imagine the cap being close to the truck, even on a much steeper slope. The AUH offsets the trailer toward the tailgate. I have my adapter mounted with the socket to the rear and still have plenty of cab clearance.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are also very happy with our AUH of 2.5 years and over 8K miles. It has performed well with no issues. We like the easy to remove and reinstall it and has proved to be a big plus. The other benefit for us, because we prefer to boondock, is the ease of hitching and unhitching at severe angles and on uneven terrain. I would not hesitate to buy another.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB Hauler View Post
    Hello all,

I'm currently doing research for a hitch for my 349M that will be arriving in the spring, I'm new to 5th wheels, been towing TT's for the last 15 years. I was wondering what kind of feedback you all have regarding this hitch, specifically ride quality while towing. I'm interested in this hitch because I want something lightweight and easy to remove, we take almost all of our trips to mountain bike destinations and that means we put 4 to 7 bikes over the tailgate to get to the trails when we get to where we're going, I need the back of the bed empty and I need the hitch to come out at every stop and be light enough to not be a hassle every time, also would like to leave it inside the 349 while we're out for the day to make sure it's there when we return!

I have heard from some that it transmits all the bumps directly to the truck frame and makes for a terrible ride and we go cross country every year, don't want 6k miles of that if it's true.

Also if this is true are there any better alternatives that are lightweight and portable?

It's going in a 2019 Silverado 3500 SRW without the factory puck system so I'll need a under bed gooseneck mount I'm assuming?

Thanks in advance!
    Have used the AUH for pat 15 mos. with 303rls. A dream towing/managing and smooth as silk ride with my 2012 Silverado 2500hd / Duramax regular bed. Fretted a while over the stated pros and cons, but strongly on the PRO side now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Andersen Ultimate that fits over my factory gooseneck ball and would never consider anything else. I two have gotten spoiled. One hand to remove it.
    You don't know where your journey will end if it never begins!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently purchased a Reflection 31MB and have been looking at the Andersen. I understand all specs and that it is tried and trusted by MANY. I am not knocking it. But I contacted LCI and GD and GD directed me to LCI in reference the frame warranty. LCI said it (and the Pullrite similar system) does void the warranty because both require an additional piece mounted to the kingpin to be used and make connection to the hitch in the TV. And if you would need to file a frame warranty claim that it could be denied due to the use of those hitches. That you are "using the kingpin in a manner that is not designed to be used". That is legalese for they would find a way out of covering your frame. I then called Andersen, and they admitted that they are aware of recent research done by manufactures that show the Andersen hitch MAY cause excess stress, warping, and possible cracking to the frame. Andersen however said that if I were to file a claim and the manufacture would not cover it, that they have a lifetime warranty and would "kinda" step in and take over. He kept using the word kinda. So at the end of the day, if YOU are comfortable and that is the decision you go with its fine. You will receive zero backlash for this guy. Your decision, but we are not taking a risk of voiding our frame warranty and having to deal with the possible hassle of going back and forth with multiple company if I need to file a claim. Just FYI.... Happy Camping.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    I just did a little more digging on the GD web site and it looks like the M-Class Momentums come with a solid pin box - not the MORryde. If that's the case, I would certainly recommend installing a MORryde pin box as an upgrade. You also might look into the Reese GooseBox. There have been a lot of happy users of that system.

Rob
    "Second Chance". I have to ask. Have you seen or heard of any failures with the steel version of the AUH?? In my own research the only pics of failure have been the aluminum model with failure happening during slow impact (wreck) or extreme braking circumstances. I only ask as I picked up a genty used 3200 steel version with all the goodies this past weekend. I have a Traditional 4400 Superglide with standard rail adaptor and would love to lose the 271 pounds but am apprehensive about AUH failure. I googled looking for the standard rail steel version failues but could not find any. My trailer weight per CAT scale is 15,300 lbs (loaded). Any input greatly appreciated. Safe travels!!
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zinman View Post
    "Second Chance". I have to ask. Have you seen or heard of any failures with the steel version of the AUH?? In my own research the only pics of failure have been the aluminum model with failure happening during slow impact (wreck) or extreme braking circumstances. I only ask as I picked up a genty used 3200 steel version with all the goodies this past weekend. I have a Traditional 4400 Superglide with standard rail adaptor and would love to lose the 271 pounds but am apprehensive about AUH failure. I googled looking for the standard rail steel version failues but could not find any. My trailer weight per CAT scale is 15,300 lbs (loaded). Any input greatly appreciated. Safe travels!!
    I have not, personally - and the steel version is what we used for our first 12,000 miles of full timing. That said, our Reflection (our fiver at the time) only scaled at 14K lbs.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From a different thread but can fit in here. I wouldn`t worry about the people that talk about failures, when in an accident or misuse all bets are off and you can find other posts about other hitch brands failing because of the same.

You might want to consider the Andersen Ultimate. I have both the Andersen (steel version) and the Pullrite 2600. I just got bored one day and went out and bought the Pullrite for a change of pace. What I have found with both, The Andersen dose not move when hitched and stopping and starting, the Pullrite by design does and you can fell it. MY wife has always been a little un nerved from this movement. The Andersen ball slides into the ball socket easier when off center, the ball sticks to the funnel on the Pullrite and you have to be more on target for it to work or shake the truck to get it to move to the socket. Not sure why this is other than the funnel on the Andersen is powder coated and is a smoother surface for the ball to slide on the Pullrite is plain steel and is slightly ruff. The ball lock on the Andersen is a handle mounted on the pin box or the bottom of the camper and is easy to see if its locked or not, the Pullrite you have a metal rod that you have to locate and use to turn the device to lock. The metal rod you can lose (I have) already. The locking mechanism is harder to see and at night you need a flash light to check this and is not idiot proof. The Andersen you can lock in pitch dark with confidence.
    I like the Pullrite`s design better, looks more robust ,has a better paint job , nice decals, more steel and nice welds. The Andersen is just enough steel and is lighter but how much metal and welds do you need for a hitch in the end? But the movement on the metal bed saver plates with the Pullright bothers me and the wife. The Ball on the Andersen is Aluminum and was starting to gall (2 years use) on the sides from sliding into the cup but is replaceable for a few dollars. The Pullright`s ball is steel and is not replaceable you have to buy the whole head and ball and is very expensive. The Pullrite is smaller and takes up less bed space. The Andersen is bigger but the whole locking mechanism is more user friendly on the Andersen, easier to use and is idiot proof YMMV. This is more important than the size difference IMOP.
    Which one do I like better???????? I like both for different reasons and will never go back to a plate hitch. I`m currently using the Pullrite but might put the Andersen back in if I cant figure out why the ball on the Pullrite doesn't slide into the socket easier. Before someone comments Yes the Pullrite is installed correctly and the bolts are properly torqued after the trailer weight is is applied which is abut 3200 lbs pin weight.
    Last edited by bshgto; 05-15-2021 at 08:38 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast