Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Furrion oven replacement?

Tried looking for a thread on this subject as I know people are sick and tired of furrion products. The oven is crap. There is no way to regulate the temperature. I have to set it 100 degrees hotter then I want. Very small increments of dial change result in huge temperature swings. Had it set for 375 the other day, that required the oven dial to be set at to close to 475, that is max. It stayed there for 20 min then dropped to 325 out of the blue. What a piece of junk. The stove top runs on high, the med at the lowest setting. I learned the trick of going from high toward off to get a true low flame. Piss poor design. Is there a drop in replacement for this thing,? 2019 303 rls

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the same problem! When ours hits about 425, it shuts down also, don't walk away thought, the gas will continue to flow if the pilot goes out!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I've been full timing in my 337 which has this oven. Until you replace it, my advice is to put a baking stone on the bottom (below the rack) directly over the metal heat shield. Once you've done that, let the oven warm up for at least 20 minutes. It won't be a 100% fix, but it will definitely help. You will probably still have to play with it to get the exact temperature you want, because what's on the dial and what the oven goes to are often 2 different things.

That said, I have seen a 4 burner RV stove oven combo that looks very residential--don't believe Furrion actually makes it. I've been so tempted to switch to something like that, but am curious to see how its oven works first.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have tried the stone as suggested by the manufacturer (why didn't it come with one then?). That's when the pilot kept going out and the gas kept flowing. Now that we have removed it, the pilot stays lit fortunately.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    So, I've been full timing in my 337 which has this oven. Until you replace it, my advice is to put a baking stone on the bottom (below the rack) directly over the metal heat shield. Once you've done that, let the oven warm up for at least 20 minutes. It won't be a 100% fix, but it will definitely help. You will probably still have to play with it to get the exact temperature you want, because what's on the dial and what the oven goes to are often 2 different things.

That said, I have seen a 4 burner RV stove oven combo that looks very residential--don't believe Furrion actually makes it. I've been so tempted to switch to something like that, but am curious to see how its oven works first.
    Being that my original post was almost a year ago from your comments today, it kind of seems that there really is no replacement that is popular for those experiencing piss poor performance with the furrion stove-range. Your advise to put a baking stone in the oven is really a must do mod for at least attempting to improve performance. Many people suggest using the oven for storage instead, on account of its crap performance. 99% of the time. I'll use my BBQ for an oven and use the convection in the microwave. So far the micro has worked since 11/ 19 when we bought the 5th wheel. I have heard of those failing fairly fast also though. I guess we can all thank corporate greed for selling out quality for cheap Chinese junk years ago, leaving us without choice on items no longer manufactured in the USA.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paigenett View Post
    We have tried the stone as suggested by the manufacturer (why didn't it come with one then?). That's when the pilot kept going out and the gas kept flowing. Now that we have removed it, the pilot stays lit fortunately.
    The other pain in the butt, is the pilot light. Yes. It's finicky and requires contrast attention. I haven't experienced any difference with or without the baking stone, in relation to the pilot light. However, you most likely have more time invested in trying to make your oven work.
    Alan and Paula
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS, 2004 Dodge 3500 5.9L
    Magnum 2k watt inverter-charger, 300 AH Battle Born battery bank, 560 watt solar power. 6K axles and disc brakes. Pepwave max transit cellular router.