Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tonneau Cover

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    I keep the cover down when towing my camper. The good thing about the UnderFlex is if you need to ride with it up it has arms to hold it up. If I am not mistaken the BakFlip actually leans against the cab. I didn't want anything rubbing against my cab going down the road.
    The BakFlip does lean against the cab. The cushions are placed to touch the upper part of the rear window on either side of the sliding window section.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A673686B-8572-45C5-9F84-31077122BCB7.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	833.8 KB 
ID:	31915
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Truxedo Deuce, we have bought 2 because when we got the GMC the one on our Ford did not fit.

Truxedo Deuce
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you with the Bakflip Mx4 or UnderCover Flex/UltraFlex and towing a fifth wheel with a long bed and center stop light mounted camera, can you see to hitch if the cover is in the folded open and/or upright position? I'm probably going to the Goosebox on our new 378MBS, but I don't think I will be able to see the ball with either of these covers in the folded open or upright. I was thinking I might be able to lean the ultraflex against the window to clear the camera when hitching and then fold down to partially open when towing. I might have to try a mock up with some boards or something.

Otherwise, its gonna have to be a Peragon (not sold on it yet) or a rollup. Can't do a retractable with canister due to need for frequent full bed access for farm use.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had those folding covers that lean toward the cab. Durable, but heavy,... have to have it against cab to get full access (pain when getting wood chips), and is not easy to remove.

I really like my Peragon. Was a pain to install despite the good videos, but so easy to remove, so nice to retract and close, locks, ...more pros than cons.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    I have had those folding covers that lean toward the cab. Durable, but heavy,... have to have it against cab to get full access (pain when getting wood chips), and is not easy to remove.

I really like my Peragon. Was a pain to install despite the good videos, but so easy to remove, so nice to retract and close, locks, ...more pros than cons.
    Have you had any problems with shifting items in bed preventing opening of the Peragon?

I had my spray-in bed liner (Bullet Liner) installed today. The shop carred Truxedo, BakFlip and UnderCover, among others. Was looking at the MX4 and the UltraFlex. Like you said, the MX4 was surprisingly heavy and I imagined trying to reach over the side of my F450 and folding it with one hand - its gonna be a challenge. Especially after I have thoracic surgery in a couple of weeks.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Have you had any problems with shifting items in bed preventing opening of the Peragon?

Yes, i had a large box in the bed and forgot about it. When I pushed on the panel by the cab and it just went down a couple inches I was initially frustrated. Then realized my 'doh' moment. Just logical since that panel goes inward.

But the operation is real close to the video. Push on the hinge of the 1st panel and once it is about halfway down, the rest just keep coming and retract. The long nylon make pulling it closed a breeze. They say it is strong but I would not put decent weight on the panels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you with the Bakflip Mx4 or UnderCover Flex/UltraFlex and towing a fifth wheel with a long bed and center stop light mounted camera, can you see to hitch if the cover is in the folded open and/or upright position? I'm probably going to the Goosebox on our new 378MBS, but I don't think I will be able to see the ball with either of these covers in the folded open or upright. I was thinking I might be able to lean the ultraflex against the window to clear the camera when hitching and then fold down to partially open when towing. I might have to try a mock up with some boards or something.

Otherwise, its gonna have to be a Peragon (not sold on it yet) or a rollup. Can't do a retractable with canister due to need for frequent full bed access for farm use.
    I believe the BackFlip MX4 does not block the camera. On their website it shows being clear of the cargo light on the cab. If you at Undercover on their site it looks like it does block the camera. You may be able to leave it in the down position next to cab and still see the ball. But I don’t know that for sure.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobW-NC View Post
    I believe the BackFlip MX4 does not block the camera. On their website it shows being clear of the cargo light on the cab. If you at Undercover on their site it looks like it does block the camera. You may be able to leave it in the down position next to cab and still see the ball. But I don’t know that for sure.
    I called both UnderCover and Bak Industries to get dimensions of the quad-fold covers in the upright and 3/4 bed access positions. Both covers will block the fifth wheel camera view in both upright and 3/4 access positions. Mark from KYD said that the Ford camera was close to useless when hitching because the light angle had to be just right in order to see the fifth wheel and king pin. (I suspect it is even worse when using a gooseneck ball.) However, Mark linked to a BTBRV video of a bed mounted camera that is a plug and play with the Ford 360* view camera system. https://camerasource.com/2017-super-...ailer-cam.html That would allow for use of a hard cover and the goosebox.

So, let's see, $1200+ for Reese Goosebox, $1000 for a hard folding tonneau, $250 for a camera, $300 for B&W gooseneck ball, $100 for safety chains. Don't tell my wife. And honey, if you're reading this, it's all to make your life less stressful. And that is priceless.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a never used other than for delivery MorRyde Rubber Pinbox in order to save my marriage?
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, let's see, $1200+ for Reese Goosebox, $1000 for a hard folding tonneau, $250 for a camera, $300 for B&W gooseneck ball, $100 for safety chains. ?
    Good Lord! You open to adopting a 50 year old?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MachWun View Post
    Good Lord! You open to adopting a 50 year old?
    Yes, but apparently you won’t get an allowance. Or food.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast