User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listing to the drivers side

I have a 2015 Reflection 303RLS and it lists to the drivers side. I know that's a nautical term, right? Well, this puppy definately leans to the side. It started last year when we started noticing that we had to level up that side at every site. I finally noticed that the hangers were broken on the equalizing gear between the wheels and the spring ends were jammed up onto the frame rails. Well, I bought the new parts from Lippert, went with the heavy duty shackles and all was good, right? No, Now on a verified level surface, she still lists to that side.

So, have the leaf springs themselves been damaged or weakened due to the broken equalizing gear? Not sure how long they were broken and riding like that. Should I just replace them on that side or do both sides and be safe? Does anyone know the best place to purchase these leaf springs and the PN of them? Who makes them and how much?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That side of your trailer is notably heavier. It is possible your springs have flattened. Some people have put a heavier spring on that side to make the rig sit level.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 351MR has done that since new. About 3/4 inch lower between truck bed and overhang on driver side. IT also chews up the lube plate on the driver side.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, what would be termed a heavier spring? I think the axles are 5200 lbs each. Does that make the springs 2600 each? Do you then go with something like 3000 each? or what?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cannon, do you then always level up that side when you setup in a new site? I don't think I did that when I first got this rig. Nor did I do it with the last 2 fifth wheel rigs I've owned. Seems they rode and set even but my memory, you know????

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I went with, driver side only. It leveled things up. I have had no issues with over 15,000 miles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spring.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	31673
    Thank you!

2021 310GKR Solitude
    2022 GMC Denali - Duramax

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorbackRon View Post
    Cannon, do you then always level up that side when you setup in a new site? I don't think I did that when I first got this rig. Nor did I do it with the last 2 fifth wheel rigs I've owned. Seems they rode and set even but my memory, you know????
    I did not notice this on my last two fifth wheels. If they leaned it was not enough to notice buy looking at it. I just unhitch and let auto level take care of it.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, what would be termed a heavier spring? I think the axles are 5200 lbs each. Does that make the springs 2600 each? Do you then go with something like 3000 each? or what?
    Yes - Rob (Cate & Rob) installed 3K springs on the street side to compensate for the 800 lbs. or so on that side with this type of floor plan when loaded. I had GDRV install 6K axles and upgraded to 16" tires/wheels.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon07 View Post
    I did not notice this on my last two fifth wheels. If they leaned it was not enough to notice buy looking at it. I just unhitch and let auto level take care of it.
    Auto level was not part of Reflections until 2016 or 2017 as I recall. We have to level the old fashion way.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2015 Reflection 303RLS and it lists to the drivers side. I know that's a nautical term, right? Well, this puppy definately leans to the side. It started last year when we started noticing that we had to level up that side at every site. I finally noticed that the hangers were broken on the equalizing gear between the wheels and the spring ends were jammed up onto the frame rails. Well, I bought the new parts from Lippert, went with the heavy duty shackles and all was good, right? No, Now on a verified level surface, she still lists to that side.

So, have the leaf springs themselves been damaged or weakened due to the broken equalizing gear? Not sure how long they were broken and riding like that. Should I just replace them on that side or do both sides and be safe? Does anyone know the best place to purchase these leaf springs and the PN of them? Who makes them and how much?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
    I've got the same rig that we bought in Jan. 2015. Leaf springs have been a pain in the ******. We broke one in Canada on Canada Day, another one in Northern Cal. on the 4 of July. Get the idea? We make sure we don't travel on the 4th, ever.

in Canada I had all of the springs replaced with 3K pounders. Figured that would fix things. It did still lean to the left but it was acceptable. I was totally surprised when another one broke. Of course I know exactly when that one happened because of the road conditions on HWY 1. I had to change that one in a rest stop and we were lucky that we didn't end up in a ditch. We managed to get home from that trip from hell and I took it to a company (Spectrac) in Phoenix that specializes in heavy duty suspensions for trucks and trailers. They put 3.5K# on the left and 3K# on the right. The springs are heavy duty 5 leaf instead of the 4 leaf.
    I recommend that you find a shop in your area that can come up with some heavy duty springs and replace all of them I wouldn't go any higher on the weights than I did because of getting too stiff a ride. Mine sits level and seems to ride well.

Good Luck
    Ron & Nancy Ward
    2001 Dodge 2500/ 2015 Reflection 303RLS