User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a full woodshop including a cabinet table saw, 17" band saw, full size Drill Press, Supermax Drum sander, large Router table, Mid size lathe, CNC router, large assembly table and a Dust collection system. I can make a lot of things from turning a pen to creating a large piece of furniture. What I can't do is carve anything unless you count CNC Routers and I certainly couldn't burn anything. I salute you for your talents!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rob - I'm with you on the full shop setup, I haven't been able to put a car in a garage now for 20 years, but since I entered the woodturning vortex 5 years ago, my furniture making has taken a back seat to turned art. I just find it fascinating to play with shape, texture, color, finish, etc....It's amazing all the ways you can find to turn money into tools and supplies with just a small amount of skill. ;-)
    2021 17MKE in manufacturing - March 18th is the completion day! New to RV life.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (3.6L)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DainBramaged View Post
    Rob - I'm with you on the full shop setup, I haven't been able to put a car in a garage now for 20 years, but since I entered the woodturning vortex 5 years ago, my furniture making has taken a back seat to turned art. I just find it fascinating to play with shape, texture, color, finish, etc....It's amazing all the ways you can find to turn money into tools and supplies with just a small amount of skill. ;-)
    That's how I am with the CNC. I use the other tools to prepare the workpiece so I can put it on the CNC although lately I've been turning some pens out of both wood and acrylics. Mostly because I bought a set of carbide tools and wanted to try them out. What were you saying about turning money into tools? LOL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turning money into tools and supplies is something I got very good at when I started to learn carving and burning. There is a whole world of woodburning tools that takes you far beyond the old school wood burners.
    Never fails when you learn a new carving style how it requires a knife, gouge or veiner that you don't have.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always loved woodworking. We are full timers and ,of course, have limited space. I still build an occasional item but wood carving caricatures, gnomes, and santas keep me busy. Doesnt take much space or weigh anything, so woodcarving or i should say, whittling is great fun. Ive found als, you dont get better at carving unless you carve. And resouces are endless.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbishop View Post
    I have always loved woodworking. We are full timers and ,of course, have limited space. I still build an occasional item but wood carving caricatures, gnomes, and santas keep me busy. Doesnt take much space or weigh anything, so woodcarving or i should say, whittling is great fun. Ive found als, you dont get better at carving unless you carve. And resouces are endless.
    My problem is I have diversified and had to try as many types. caricature ,relief and in the round stuff, spoons and walking sticks. And of course wood burnning. All require different tools. Then I got Gary carving a few years back so he has a tool bag with a small selection of his own tools. We try and share as much as possible but there are times when we go to a Roundup or simular carving event and don't do the same class..this creates another tool for the box!
    About half (or a little more) of the back wall cabinet is filled with our carving tools. Like most carvers , I have more than one project going and when on a long trip I take them all . Even have a few that are about ready for finishing after being parked in FL for 6 mos!
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to do a little carving, haven't really done it in several years, now that I am retired I may start it up again. My best peice was a hillbilly i carved and won 1st place at the state fair, then someone stole it before the fair was over. So I guess they like it, lol.
    2019 F250 6.7
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to see pictures of the work you folks have done.
    Thanks in advance:
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    I would love to see pictures of the work you folks have done.
    Thanks in advance:
    Bob A.
    There are a few pics of my burnings and the campsite sign I carved in the link of the first post.
    No pics in my tablet of recent projects or my walking sticks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7684938124_e1aa571f19_o.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	35161

Name:	Screenshot_20210626-154944_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	35162

Name:	20170622_095559-1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	35163

Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant figure out how to post pictures. I know its simple.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast