Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did check RVTrader and most don't have their prices listed. Thus far it looks like I'm not shopping local and going to save myself $4k-$5k.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're in CA and will take delivery of our 22MLE in early March - ordered in early December. We also had about $4K in freight. Settled at $31,500. Went back and forth between two dealers. One held firm at $32K and the other beat them by $500.

They can't keep them on the lots right now so there's very little incentive to negotiate. Nobody will match out of state since they're usually paying less in shipping. If it's possible to have multiple dealerships bid against each other, that's your best shot at whittling the price down. I'd say though that, given the current boom on RV sales, $32K isn't out of line.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Trails View Post
    We're in CA and will take delivery of our 22MLE in early March - ordered in early December. We also had about $4K in freight. Settled at $31,500. Went back and forth between two dealers. One held firm at $32K and the other beat them by $500.

They can't keep them on the lots right now so there's very little incentive to negotiate. Nobody will match out of state since they're usually paying less in shipping. If it's possible to have multiple dealerships bid against each other, that's your best shot at whittling the price down. I'd say though that, given the current boom on RV sales, $32K isn't out of line.
    Awesome! It's a nice little trailer. We'd have to order ours as well if we went local. $4k on shipping is just killer. I got a quote of $2,600 for shipping from Indiana to Oregon.

We want to come in under $30k and so far the 2 options are looking like the best deals.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s totally fine that prices aren’t listed. Because there are plenty of folks who don’t know how to negotiate and will pay sticker and fees. I’m not sure how many dealers you have within 3-5 hours from home, or how far you are comfortable with traveling. But email several dealers for quotes, copy and past the same paragraph if you want. Tell them you want an out the door price so you can see the fees or taxes. Tell them you need a hitch if you do, so they can add that into your quote. There’s a lot of mark up in these. I emailed 10 dealers, received 7 quotes from 23K to 33K on the same model.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit this is easy for me to say since I’m not in your shoes, but if you have the time one suggestion might be to pick it up in Indiana and turn it into a vacation coming home. The savings in freight costs would probably cover it.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is tough. Supply and demand is not your friend at this point.
    We drove about 4 hours north and east into Georgia just to see one. Upside was that the Dealer was highly recommended and although the model we wanted was already sold, they allowed us to spend as much time in it as we liked. They found one at another Dealer about 2 hours north and brought it down. Of course we bought it. Yes, we had to drive a little further but after all, isn't that what you will end up doing when you actually use it.
    Bottom line, keep searching (that's really the fun part) till you locate the prize and then make a trip out of bringing it back.

Good luck and always remember the best part is the hunt.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the time or skill yet to drive to Indiana, though it crossed my mind!

The dealership with the best deal is 15 hours away, looking into having it shipped the rest of the way. Would still come out as the best deal.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going with a deal from Blue Dog RV. Even shipped to me I come in $2,300 under MSRP after all fees.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just ordered our new XLS 22 MLE yesterday. Here in New England there are three separate dealers (Campers Inn) that carry Grand Design. After checking out the floorplan a few weeks ago and loving it, I sent an email to each explaining what we wanted and that I would buy from the lowest price offer of the three (farthest is about 2 hours).

I got an offer from the closest dealer (50 min.) for $25,995 w/ from an "MSRP" of $33,142 w/ no trade in. I will be adding an Equalizer WD hitch and a slide topper, but I thought the price was OK for a time of fairly high demand. They said to expect delivery late April to mid-May

Good luck with your purchase!

-Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's was Colerain near the factory price's theirs at. Doesn't inclide prep,tags etc. But SO much more reasonable.
    Ours should be here late February, looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12