Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying Advice 22MLE

Greetings,
    We are looking at getting our first travel trailer. A Grand Design 22MLE with a MSRP of $31,101. I have to assume it's like buying a new car and I don't want to pay over MSRP.

The one dealership wants $35k and change because of freight. Willing to come down to $32k and change. I'd looked at a different TT only sold in...can't remember, Georgia? I'm located in Oregon and was quoted $2.5k to ship so was surprised to hear freight was $4k ontop of MSRP for the Grand Design.

I've got a couple feelers at other dealerships, but if anyone has some input, happy to hear it (read it.)

Thanks gang.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying Advice 22MLE

Just shop the internet
    Get their best price and go with the cheapest
    Even if you have to drive 2000 miles you are towing a place to sleep
    Prices can range by many thousands

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For sure, that's what I am doing now. Even looking into buying closer to where they are built in order to pay actual shipping fees and not ones that seem inflated.
    Thanks for the input.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those prices are nuts imo

I only paid 34000 plus tax for my larger higher grade imagine 2400 in Canadian funds

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    For sure, that's what I am doing now. Even looking into buying closer to where they are built in order to pay actual shipping fees and not ones that seem inflated.
    Thanks for the input.
    General rv has tons of them
    Matt has a YouTube channel through General
    Matt’s RV reviews towables

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already heard back from a different dealership. They have multiple locations. Trailer is in Nevada and I could pick it up for $27.5k out the door. Which is closer to what I expected to pay, not ideal to go pick it up, but got other feelers out also.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already heard back from a different dealership. They have multiple locations. Trailer is in Nevada and I could pick it up for $27.5k out the door. Which is closer to what I expected to pay, not ideal to go pick it up, but got other feelers out also.
    Here’s a prior thread on prices paid for a 22mle. It’s from last May so take that into consideration but might give you an idea.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...177#post296177
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings,
    We are looking at getting our first travel trailer. A Grand Design 22MLE with a MSRP of $31,101. I have to assume it's like buying a new car and I don't want to pay over MSRP.

The one dealership wants $35k and change because of freight. Willing to come down to $32k and change. I'd looked at a different TT only sold in...can't remember, Georgia? I'm located in Oregon and was quoted $2.5k to ship so was surprised to hear freight was $4k ontop of MSRP for the Grand Design.

I've got a couple feelers at other dealerships, but if anyone has some input, happy to hear it (read it.)

Thanks gang.
    What we did was get an online quote from a dealer that we liked (about 25% off MSRP). Took that quote to the local dealer and asked if they'd match it. They did.

Now, you have to be willing to actually go to the other dealer, if the one you are dealing with won't come down. In our case, it would have meant a full day's trip to get the rig, instead of a couple of hours to the closer dealer.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger1 View Post
    Here’s a prior thread on prices paid for a 22mle. It’s from last May so take that into consideration but might give you an idea.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...177#post296177
    Thanks for this, I'll have a read through.

Quote Originally Posted by livinthelife View Post
    What we did was get an online quote from a dealer that we liked (about 25% off MSRP). Took that quote to the local dealer and asked if they'd match it. They did.

Now, you have to be willing to actually go to the other dealer, if the one you are dealing with won't come down. In our case, it would have meant a full day's trip to get the rig, instead of a couple of hours to the closer dealer.
    The one dealer did ask that we let them know what we find and see if they can match it. I have been in touch with them, but they seem pretty firm that $32k-$33k is their rock bottom price.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saved $9000 by driving 280 miles. RV trader is your friend, email though them, then the dealers already know you are shopping around.

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast