User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have TireTraker system and it works good. Progressive Ind owns them and they come with lifetime warranty which has proven good for me. Over 3 years I have had 2 tire sensors go bad and they replaced them for me at no charge. I bought extra sensor that I keep on spare tire just in case one goes bad I will have replacement. The TireTraker saved me from major damage this past December on trip to Florida; had CHINA BOMB blow and as soon as alarm went off pulled to side. Only had minor damage, lost plastic fender skirt. If I had gone another 100 yard would have damaged rim. These monitoring systems are a must on camper, whatever brand you decide on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got to campground and switched out all 5 CHINA BOMBS to USA made Goodyear Endurance tires.

http://www.tiretraker.com/
    https://www.progressiveindustries.net/
    Last edited by Buckskin; 01-23-2021 at 01:22 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Buckskin, I will definitely take a look into the tiretraker ,the lifetime warranty would be a bonus and a company that backs it up.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I have TireTraker system and it works good. Progressive Ind owns them and they come with lifetime warranty which has proven good for me. Over 3 years I have had 2 tire sensors go bad and they replaced them for me at no charge. I bought extra sensor that I keep on spare tire just in case one goes bad I will have replacement. The TireTraker saved me from major damage this past December on trip to Florida; had CHINA BOMB blow and as soon as alarm went off pulled to side. Only had minor damage, lost plastic fender skirt. If I had gone another 100 yard would have damaged rim. These monitoring systems are a must on camper, whatever brand you decide on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got to campground and switched out all 5 CHINA BOMBS to USA made Goodyear Endurance tires.
    http://www.tiretraker.com/
    https://www.progressiveindustries.net/
    I have ordered the tiretraker system,thanks for your input.
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at reviews and decided on the TST 507 color.....it has already saved our bacon once

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put on the TST 507 with cap sensors, as only had hybrid valve stems. Made my first trip with them installed, 1500 miles to FL. All worked good and so far have no reason to regret my choice. When I came out of sub zero weather and hit the warmer climate the pressure went up enough to sound an alarm, so I at.least know they work, but may need some adjustments.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kanmam, glad to hear TST 507 works for you. Did you get spare sensor? I found the sensors are the weak link of system and already replaced 2 in last 4 years. Keep spare sensor on my spare tire in case I need to replace one while on camping trip.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the TPMS booster under battery box lid. Drilled 2 hole in side of lid for waterproof push button on/off switch and other hole is empty but mounted booster where I could see green light on booster when it is powered on. Hope this helps, found switch in automotive department at Walmart.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    I have been checking out the TMPS systems.Just looking for some direction in deciding which tire sensor to go with.
    Not sure to go with the anti theft sensor valve or are the flow-thur sensor valve the way to go .Thanks.
    I went with the TST 507 with flow-thru sensors for our rig [need steel stems]. They do not extend much past the edge of the tires [short of the hub], and have been working well with no issues. I mounted the repeater inside the front storage bay on the outside wall next to the battery. I disconnect the repeater when at camp and remove the sensors [they activate when they sense the tire pressure] to conserve their battery life. The monitor unit is relatively small [~4.5"x2.5"] and fits neatly on dash and reports both tire temp and psi on a continuous basis. Purchased from TechnoRV [on sale a few months ago - [ url]https://www.technorv.com/tst-flow-thru-system-with-4-to-12-sensors/][/url ]. They come with an anti-theft nut which is east to install. Very happy with the purchase and the peace of mind while towing!
    Last edited by 2Tall; 02-03-2021 at 04:43 PM.
    Brad & Jeanette
    2020 Solitude 373FB
    2016 F350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 DRW 6.7 Power Stroke V8 Crew Cab BW Companion 3300 Hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The package I got had enough for two spares......fortunately we haven’t had any failures. We also got the Trailer Aid "Plus Tandem Tire Changing Ramp, makes for a good pair for traveling.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the TST 507. When I replaced my OEM tires with Goodyear Endurance tires I had them install internal sensors. The TST internal sensors aren't cheap but I don't have to worry about them being stolen or falling off. I also had metal valve stems installed on the trailer and TV. The sensors that originally came with the TST 507 can be used on the TV. I have a short trailer and I have no problem receiving a signal from the trailer tires but the system comes with a booster if needed.

BTW - If something is easy to remove it is a target for those who steal things. Doesn't matter the value or practicality of the item being stolen.
    Last edited by GaryS1964; 02-03-2021 at 05:49 PM.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast