User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Buckskin;345776]Kanmam, glad to hear TST 507 works for you. Did you get spare sensor? I found the sensors are the weak link of system and already replaced 2 in last 4 years. Keep spare sensor on my spare tire in case I need to replace one while on camping trip.
    No I did not get an extra sensor, thanks for the tip.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TST 507 color here. Money well spent
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    I have TireTraker system and it works good. Progressive Ind owns them and they come with lifetime warranty which has proven good for me. Over 3 years I have had 2 tire sensors go bad and they replaced them for me at no charge. I bought extra sensor that I keep on spare tire just in case one goes bad I will have replacement. The TireTraker saved me from major damage this past December on trip to Florida; had CHINA BOMB blow and as soon as alarm went off pulled to side. Only had minor damage, lost plastic fender skirt. If I had gone another 100 yard would have damaged rim. These monitoring systems are a must on camper, whatever brand you decide on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got to campground and switched out all 5 CHINA BOMBS to USA made Goodyear Endurance tires.

http://www.tiretraker.com/
    https://www.progressiveindustries.net/
    Have the Tire Trackers on order. Did you change to steel stems? I didn't see anything on their web site about it.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did not get spare sensors, however thanks for the tip Buckskin.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertS377 View Post
    I’ve had the EEZ Tpms for 4 years, with the anti-theft valves. I recently removed the anti theft ring because it was a nuisance to check and fill air

FYI I happened to look at their web site and it looks like flow-thru sensors are only good with metal valves, which I currently don’t have. I’m not sure if that is true for other brands
    We bought the standard valves...10 of them for all 10 tires. Our rig sit for months at a time so I remove all of the sensors and take the batteries out as the sensors still draw power when not being used. My brother has the secure EEZ units. The only extra thing I had to do was use longer valve stems for the trailer tires to have room for the sensor between the wheel spokes.

I'm not sure I would want non-metallic stems for an external TPMS like these, but it still isn't a deal breaker. The metallic stems for my trailer tires were about $1.50 each, which my tire dealer installed when I got new Carlisle tires after a Westlake blowout. The longer ones for my dually's cost about $2.50-$3.50 each, depending on the length and bends. I usually have to stop at least once on a trip and adjust pressures either up or down and the standard EEZ sensors offer no resistance.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I couldn’t imagine anyone stealing sensors. That would be the last thing I would think about

I am thinking of the tire linc system but it is irritating that there isn’t a kit for coaches that already have the dock. Just seems like a waste

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    I have installed the linc system on my new TT and used last week on a trip to the coast. It worked well. I purchased thru the dealer and it comes with everything you need without the already installed docking station. I have a question about the max psi the tires should have when traveling. The Westlake tires are 80 psi cold, so what should the max be when traveling? They were showing 86 and 88 going down the road.
    Mark & Deb
    2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn
    2021 Imagine 2970RL Hensley Hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb and Mark View Post
    I have installed the linc system on my new TT and used last week on a trip to the coast. It worked well. I purchased thru the dealer and it comes with everything you need without the already installed docking station. I have a question about the max psi the tires should have when traveling. The Westlake tires are 80 psi cold, so what should the max be when traveling? They were showing 86 and 88 going down the road.
    What was the cost through the dealer?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tire sensors work just fine with regular valve stems. No need in going to extra expense of changing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tpms

I've been using CARCHET Tire Pressure Monitoring System for RV Trailer TPMS Solar Powered With 6 External Sensors for several years now. These sensors have replaceable batteries in them also. My tow vehicle has the factory TPMS system built in, and I got the 6 sensor pack so I could have one on my spare too (spares don't do much good if they're soft or flat). The sensors themselves have been very reliable, and I've had to change a couple batteries over the years. I have found the repeater to be necessary when towing my 5th wheel with my crew cab truck, I just plug it in in the master bedroom in the front and it works great!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpypapa View Post
    I have been checking out the TMPS systems.Just looking for some direction in deciding which tire sensor to go with.
    Not sure to go with the anti theft sensor valve or are the flow-thur sensor valve the way to go .Thanks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Tire sensors work just fine with regular valve stems. No need in going to extra expense of changing.
    Thanks. The TT-600 system arrived today. Will be installing tomorrow. I got a 5th sensor for the trailer spare. Nice of them to include extra batteries. 12 total batteries in the box.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123