User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scott, I'm sure there is, but thankfully it's not our story, lol. The photo caught my wife's eye, as the F150 is the same color as our F150. I've seen several similar accidents, most of which could've been prevented by slowing down, having an adequate functioning equalizer/anti-sway hitch, staying within weight ratings (under-sized tow vehicle is frequently the culprit), and making sure the trailer is balanced and not overloaded.

Like you, we towed our 2500 home and it'll stay parked until April. New tow vehicle s/b here sometime in March. My plan is to install everything I have for it before our first trip in April, headed to TT Seaside, OR

My wife just spent several days with her sister in Temple TX, about 3 hours west of you, flew in/out of Austin, leaving shortly to pick her up at PDX. My folks live in Duncanville, a brother in South Dallas, and another brother in Anne. Small world!
    Last edited by mbergthold; 01-27-2021 at 06:54 PM.
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggates View Post
    Tom, thanks for the info. Never understood why there were not "maxx" type fans in the bathrooms. Given the complete lack of seal around most bathroom doors, never seemed like a big issue to me. But I can see of someone "sealed" around their bathroom door, the only place to get the air from would be thru the black tank vent and into the black tank.
    I had a Max air fan in my 2012 Phaeton after the first couple of times we remembered to shut off the fan before flushing the toilet.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to sound weird but we have no issues the the small fan in the bathroom. We make sure the door is closed when needing it.
    Retired, Full time since 06/12/2020
    2020 Ram 3500 MGCAB 4X4 DRW LGHN
    2021 Solitude ST390RK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, 3000 Watts Solar,
    Cummins 240V Generator, DP windows, Paint, W/D.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockhound 7 View Post
    Link does not work.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DPJ3RDA..._s7JcGbZPQ9B91
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde Pinbox, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the Hengs Vortex II in multiple trailers and I will say, it moves some serious air in both directions. I will admit the quality is not as good as MAXXair, but for the price point, you can't beat it. I have never had a single problem with either of them in 7 years.....so if you want to replace the worthless fan in the bathroom but don't want to mess with removing the frame or anything on the roof, this is the way to go....

EDIT: I do recall one issue I had form the get go on the first one I installed. The fan speed switch was defective. I contacted them and they sent me an entire new switch and control board, no questions asked. It has worked perfectly ever since. Upon replacing the switch, I found out what the problem was and it was easily fixed so I now have a spare in case I ever have one fail.
    Last edited by Heavysledz; 02-19-2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: fixed spelling
    Jeff and Debbie
    2021 Imagine 2250RK
    2015 Ram2500 Laramie CC 6.7 Cummins Diesel w/air-ride auto leveling
    USMC Veteran

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Hengs Industiries - 90046-CR Vortex II Replacement Fan Kit
    I like it, I'll have to add that to the mod list...getting to be a long list.....And we haven't yet been able to go camping with our new trailer yet.
    @mbergthold
    Is there a story behind that avatar pic of yours?
    Hi, Scott - the selfie was taken at Snoqualmie Falls in upper Washington. We were on our way to Leavenworth, a quaint little town. There's a lodge at the falls that's on our list for a future weekend stay (w/o the 2500RL).
    Mark and Judy
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch
    Fleet Manager, Cowlitz County WA Search & Rescue

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barr0208 View Post
    i had a max air fan installed in the bathroom never had any odor problems and it sure takes the moisture out while showering and also helps keep the area cool when you dont want use the air.
    I had the dealer install a Maxx Air fan replacing the factory "tiny fan" as part of the deal on our Solitude. Works great and we have never had a problem with black tank odors. Usually only run it at 20% and lock out the rain sensor, already have the rain covers on the roof. But if you want to vent the trailer quickly just crank it up; it will really move some air! Definitely glad I made that change up front.
    2022 Solitude 378-MBS-R, 8k axles and disc brake package, slide toppers, dual panes, 5.5kw Onan, W/D, 3rd AC/heat pump
    2023 F350 Lariat DRW on order, (canceled)
    2023 Chevy 3500 LTZ long bed Duramax, 12250 GVWR, 3867 cargo cap, Z71, 5th wheel prep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123