User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealer makes you remove Reese Goosebox when bringing in for service?

Bought a new Reflection 31MB and was talking to the dealer about hitches. Said I was considering a Reese Goosebox but he said if we bring it in for service, the Goosebox needs to be removed because they have no way to move it. Anybody else have a dealer say this?

I would think a forklift, which they simply must have around, could be easily adapted but maybe it's harder than that.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A dealer who can’t figure out how to move a gooseneck probably isn’t worth doing business with.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SanDog View Post
    Bought a new Reflection 31MB and was talking to the dealer about hitches. Said I was considering a Reese Goosebox but he said if we bring it in for service, the Goosebox needs to be removed because they have no way to move it. Anybody else have a dealer say this?

I would think a forklift, which they simply must have around, could be easily adapted but maybe it's harder than that.
    First, the GooseBox is not an accessory that you can simply disconnect and re-install on a whim. The GooseBox has very specific requirements for torquing the bolts (250 ft lbs) and once those bolts are torqued, that is it, they CAN NOT BE RE-USED !!!! This is for your Safety !!!!

Here is the reality, every Dealer I have been to moves their service trailers with a forklift of some kind, they mount a trailer ball on the end of the fork and lift the Travel Trailers with the ball to move them around. Well, the Goose Box uses the same size ball as the Travel Trailers, so, it is simply a matter of lifting the forks a little bit higher to get the ball under the GooseBox.

It sounds like the Dealer simply does not sell the GooseBox, but, they are very willing to sell you one of their "Very Fine" traditional hitches that fit into your truck for a Very Pretty Penny !!!!

If this Dealer will truly not service a camper with a GooseBox hitch, I would find myself a better Dealer because, the GooseBox is a Very, Very, popular hitch and they are becoming more and more popular every year.

PS: I really, really, Love my GooseBox and I highly recommend it !!!!!!
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Run, don't just walk from this shady as hell dealer. If you need service call Grand Design and ask them to authorize a mobile service. Be sure to mention how unethical this dealer is.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDog View Post

2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    First, the GooseBox is not an accessory that you can simply disconnect and re-install on a whim. The GooseBox has very specific requirements for torquing the bolts (250 ft lbs) and once those bolts are torqued, that is it, they CAN NOT BE RE-USED !!!! This is for your Safety !!!!

Here is the reality, every Dealer I have been to moves their service trailers with a forklift of some kind, they mount a trailer ball on the end of the fork and lift the Travel Trailers with the ball to move them around. Well, the Goose Box uses the same size ball as the Travel Trailers, so, it is simply a matter of lifting the forks a little bit higher to get the ball under the GooseBox.

It sounds like the Dealer simply does not sell the GooseBox, but, they are very willing to sell you one of their "Very Fine" traditional hitches that fit into your truck for a Very Pretty Penny !!!!

If this Dealer will truly not service a camper with a GooseBox hitch, I would find myself a better Dealer because, the GooseBox is a Very, Very, popular hitch and they are becoming more and more popular every year.

PS: I really, really, Love my GooseBox and I highly recommend it !!!!!!
    @SanDog I agree totally with this. The ball used to transport TTs will work on the goosebox. If this dealer is trying to sell you a trailer and is already saying they will not service it while trying to make a sale will be a nightmare to work with on any post sale warranty work. Run away as fast as you can.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada