Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED lights / supply set to replace

Hi GD

I am looking into changing all the lights over to LED bulbs have GD a list of what to use to replace the bulbs you fit ?
    will GD offer new RV units with only LED if ask when ordered as its a big job to change then/ can you supply the set?

Also do you have the amp's the lights will drain in the living area on a 385TH using normal bulbs and what a LED set would use?

I hope by changing to LES will help us when dry camping.

Thanks

Tony
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    My 2015 337RLS built this past December came with all LED throughout so I assume they have already made the complete change over but I don't know that for sure. There was a 2015 337RLS with a build date last summer on the lot, which we did not want due to a few other upgrades GD made mid-year, that did NOT have LED lights standard.
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If your model has the incandescent bulbs, follow the last posting in this thread for replacements. They worked great in mine.

Jim

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...land+Lights%29

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim
    Thank you for the link to find the LED lamps I did that and have put a order in on Amazon, just to check that GD use the same fittings in all RV's. did you find the light output the same with the LED's you used?

Also how do you open the round pancake lamps I have not had to open one up yet so any help and advice on changing the bulbs over would be good.
    Thanks

Tony
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    2015 Ford F450 with B&W Companion ,Transfer Flow 57 G Midship and 40 G Toolbox tanks
    Extra load springs

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're very welcome. The light output was very close to the incandescent bulbs in both lumens and color. We were very happy with them.
    To get the pancake lights open, it's kind of difficult, but doable. You have to slide the cover away from the switch. I found it easier to push up slightly on the cover, then use a small screwdriver to get it started sliding.
    One thing to note. If the bulbs in the pancake lights don't light up turn them over. They are polarity sensitive.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TucsonJim View Post
    You're very welcome. The light output was very close to the incandescent bulbs in both lumens and color. We were very happy with them.
    To get the pancake lights open, it's kind of difficult, but doable. You have to slide the cover away from the switch. I found it easier to push up slightly on the cover, then use a small screwdriver to get it started sliding.
    One thing to note. If the bulbs in the pancake lights don't light up turn them over. They are polarity sensitive.

Jim
    Did you also change the round ceiling light bulbs, they just have a glass or plastic lens on them we have them all over our 385TH and they must drain the power as well ?
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    Extra load springs

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Tony,

If you are talking about this style of light, these are already LED.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1643

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Rob they look like the ones we have in the Momentum in all the ceiling areas , that will make the change a lot cheaper to go full LED, so I think its just the two over the island and two over the bed then the out side and lockers to change.

Has any one with a Momentum made a full change to LED's?
    Tony & Hilary Self
    2014 Momentum 385TH #290
    Extra load springs