User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26k is amazing! Where are you located?
    We are in Oregon and got 20% MSRP for 28k plus fees.
    They should always, always do a full walk through with water, gas and electric.
    We plan to do a 2-3 hour pre- inspection.
    The Grand Design Imagine RV Facebook group as a really great PDI checklist thats 13 pages long.
    I'm taking that with me, acting like I've never seen and RV before, and I'll be adding more questions to my note.
    Specifically about the water and the furnace.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady23PNW View Post
    We do our walk through on the 18th.
    I plan to inspect the water lines in the slide as well. I want them to open up the sink pump and show me how to clean filter, as well as give me a run down of how all the water lines run.
    We love the lay out as is, weight and overall size.
    But I do understand why people wouldn't like a kitchen slide.
    Any other things you noticed that needed to be addressed? I'm sure our rigs are just a few weeks apart for completion dates.
    They don’t usually hook up water during the PDI. I’ll see if they hold true to that. Also I’m gonna have the heater running for at least 15 minutes to see if it cycles on and off like some others have posted. The sump pump also wasn’t secured properly had only one screw on one side. I went through it pretty well. When you do open the refrigerator though a 16th of of an inch the door handle hits the wall I guess it’s not that big of a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    26k is amazing! Where are you located?
    We are in Oregon and got 20% MSRP for 28k plus fees.
    They should always, always do a full walk through with water, gas and electric.
    We plan to do a 2-3 hour pre- inspection.
    The Grand Design Imagine RV Facebook group as a really great PDI checklist thats 13 pages long.
    I'm taking that with me, acting like I've never seen and RV before, and I'll be adding more questions to my note.
    Specifically about the water and the furnace.
    The MSRP on mine was $31146. Got it for $26,150 plus 2 agm batteries. $299.00 Doc fee also. I bought it in Wisconsin towards the Illinois state line. I don’t know if it’s a good deal you can’t trust what people say online with out evidence.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus I have to have insurance bought and paid for to pick it up and I still could walk so it’s a big hassle. The 2400bhe would be my next option but that’s 400 pounds heavier and not much difference. I plan on towing it with a Chevy Colorado.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Chevy Colorado to pull a 7000lb trailer? I hate to be a Debby Downer, but I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable with that. I pull with a ‘19 F-150 3.5 EB and it can be a handful on any kind of bumpy road or with a crosswind. YMMV, though. Traveling Robert pulls his rig with a Colorado, but his is a bit smaller than even a 23BHE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    They don’t usually hook up water during the PDI. I’ll see if they hold true to that. Also I’m gonna have the heater running for at least 15 minutes to see if it cycles on and off like some others have posted. The sump pump also wasn’t secured properly had only one screw on one side. I went through it pretty well. When you do open the refrigerator though a 16th of of an inch the door handle hits the wall I guess it’s not that big of a deal.

During your PDI If they don't have water in fresh tank AND hooked up to pressurize the system, RUN.
    You need to inspect the water pump, water heater, water pressure in all sinks and shower as well flush toilet.Then flush the tanks.
    Check for leaks behind spray ports, under sinks and behind drawers if needed.
    Ask for them to have slide closed when you arrive to you can open it yourself too.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelnate View Post
    A Chevy Colorado to pull a 7000lb trailer? I hate to be a Debby Downer, but I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable with that. I pull with a ‘19 F-150 3.5 EB and it can be a handful on any kind of bumpy road or with a crosswind. YMMV, though. Traveling Robert pulls his rig with a Colorado, but his is a bit smaller than even a 23BHE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We will soon find out. Plus we will have to see what it weights loaded. Dry weight is 5325. Gvwr for 23bhe is 7000lbs. My mini truck can pull 7000lbs and I have 1000lbs left of payload with my passengers in my mini truck. That would suffice for the tongue weight of around 600lbs. Leaves me with 400lbs left. Whatever I need to bring I can put in TT and stay under 7000lbs. Looks great on paper doesn’t?

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve seen traveling Robert. He’s not a professional truck driver like me. [emoji846]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    During your PDI If they don't have water in fresh tank AND hooked up to pressurize the system, RUN.
    You need to inspect the water pump, water heater, water pressure in all sinks and shower as well flush toilet.Then flush the tanks.
    Check for leaks behind spray ports, under sinks and behind drawers if needed.
    Ask for them to have slide closed when you arrive to you can open it yourself too.
    I will dive through the window if that saves me time. They say they will and they will winterize after. I need to be in a bad mood when I get there or they will walk all over me.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreenblade View Post
    I looked at that one too. the 23BHE it’s fully accessible with the slide in. 2400 you can’t get in the master bedroom or open the fridge or the bathroom if I remember right. Also it’s 500lbs heavier. Gvwr is 7495 vs 6995.

I let that almost sway me as well... glad it didn’t. You only have to move the slide out like 1 foot to get to the master, no big deal at all. (And I can open the freezer all the way and the fridge enough to grab something, or again, I just kick out the slide 1 foot. It takes 3 seconds)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast