User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can my Tundra Tow a Grand Design Imagine 2400bh?

Just brought a Grand Design Imagine 2400bh
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/showro...orplans/2400bh
    and I was wondering if my Tundra is capable of towing this trailer?

Trailer spec:
    UVW1 :5725 lbs
    Hitch Weight1 :505 lbs

Base on my tundra. I should be not have any issues right? it say i can tow up to 10K and a payload of 2K. that is good?

Base Toyota Tundra models employ a 310-horsepower 4.6-liter iForce V-8 engine paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. When equipped for towing, the stock Toyota Tundra will tow up to 6,800 pounds of cargo with an impressive payload. Toyota Tundra editions that feature the 381-horsepower 5.7-liter iForce V-8 come standard with a Tow Package that adds a Tow/Haul Mode, Integrated Trailer Brake Controller, supplemental engine oil cooler, supplemental transmission cooler, a heavy-duty battery and a 170-amp alternator. All of these elements allow the 5.7-liter Tundra to tow up to 10,500 pounds with a maximum payload of 2,080 pounds.

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forget unloaded vehicle weights and advertised hitch weights. They are useless. The 2400BH will weigh 7,000 lbs. or more when loaded and put 960 lbs. on the hitch. Get all the numbers for the truck (off the truck's door sticker - not the internet) and trailer and enter them here:

http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 01-22-2021 at 08:19 PM.
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which engine do you have? If you have 5.7 L you will be good; however if you have 4.6 L - no, you will be pushing limit without any reserve capacity.
    I have 5.7 L with tow pkg and can out pull some 2,500 trucks out there with a gas burner. It is all due to the 4.30 rear end on Tundra - it is a pulling machine. However it doesn't have the larger brake rotors, bigger springs, etc. of a 2,500.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a link for your reading pleasure
    http://https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/14865-How-To-Determine-Your-Truck-s-Trailer-Towing-Capability

This will help you understand what truck you need or what your truck will tow.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won’t have any issues at all

Revving up a gas engine doesn’t hurt them

Make sure you invest in a top end hitch

My Sierra pulls it like it isn’t there

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP- can you provide us with some specifics about your Tundra?

We tow a 2400BH with our Tundra TRD Pro and it does good. We have the Equalizer 10k hitch and I’ve spent considerable time at the cat scale dialing it in and getting the trailer level. We tend to pack heavy- I take tools, spare parts, etc. to cover just about any situation, the wife and kids pack like we’re never coming home, lol. With a half full fresh water tank and packed up to go, everyone in the truck, we are just a hair over the truck’s available payload but under on the axle ratings. It doesn’t take much to overload these halfton trucks. That being said, the Tundra doesn’t look, drive, or feel like it is anywhere close to being overloaded. It’s completely stable at all speeds, including getting passed and passing 18-wheelers, even in the wind. Overall, I’m happy with how the Tundra tows.

Here’s our rig;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2719_heic-S.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	31717

Name:	IMG_2775_heic-S.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	31718
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    Here’s our rig;

Nice looking setup you got there.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We tow a 2400BH with our Tundra TRD Pro and it does good. We have the Equalizer 10k hitch and I’ve spent considerable time at the cat scale dialing it in and getting the trailer level. We tend to pack heavy- I take tools, spare parts, etc. to cover just about any situation, the wife and kids pack like we’re never coming home, lol. With a half full fresh water tank and packed up to go, everyone in the truck, we are just a hair over the truck’s available payload but under on the axle ratings. It doesn’t take much to overload these halfton trucks. That being said, the Tundra doesn’t look, drive, or feel like it is anywhere close to being overloaded. It’s completely stable at all speeds, including getting passed and passing 18-wheelers, even in the wind. Overall, I’m happy with how the Tundra tows.

Here’s our rig;

Great setup. You have nailed it down with spending lots of time to dial in the setup. That makes all the difference in the world to a great towing experience. Best hitch system and truck and if the setup is not dialed in properly towing can be a nightmare.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckskin View Post
    Which engine do you have? If you have 5.7 L you will be good; however if you have 4.6 L - no, you will be pushing limit without any reserve capacity.
    I have 5.7 L with tow pkg and can out pull some 2,500 trucks out there with a gas burner. It is all due to the 4.30 rear end on Tundra - it is a pulling machine. However it doesn't have the larger brake rotors, bigger springs, etc. of a 2,500.
    I got the 5.7L engine. This should tow it without any issues right? tank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Here is a link for your reading pleasure
    http://https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/14865-How-To-Determine-Your-Truck-s-Trailer-Towing-Capability

This will help you understand what truck you need or what your truck will tow.
    Thank you for the link.. very good info to read..

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    You won’t have any issues at all

Revving up a gas engine doesn’t hurt them

Make sure you invest in a top end hitch

My Sierra pulls it like it isn’t there

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    Thank you. I got the equalizer 4 sway hitch. This should be a smooth ride.. thank you

Here’s our rig;

What kind of info do you need? its just a tundra 2017 . classic edition.

Nice trailer you got there . and a nice ride!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does your Tundra have the factory brake controller? If not, you’ll need to install one. You’ll also need a weight distribution hitch, preferably with sway control. I’m a fan of the Equalizer brand of hitches. Your tundra should have no problem with the 2400BH. Slow and easy is the key, with any trailer, 65 mph max. Make sure your tires, truck and trailer, are properly inflated. Relax and have fun.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab