Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, that's what I am doing. Instructions say to match the coupler height, but don't go over as slightly under is better. Trying to figure out what that "slightly" is in inches.

I purchased the equalizer and the shank is the shank you get and unless you have a severely lifted truck the one it comes with should work.

If I was a 4x4 my rear would be approximately 1.25" taller because it would have blocks. Which not surprisingly would put me right where I need to be.

I will try it inverted to see if I can get closer to that 23". Just figured somewhere out there someone hasn't been able to get spot on with the coupler height.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which Weight Distribution Hitch for 22MLE?

Quote Originally Posted by Average Jane View Post
    Right, that's what I am doing. Instructions say to match the coupler height, but don't go over as slightly under is better. Trying to figure out what that "slightly" is in inches.

I purchased the equalizer and the shank is the shank you get and unless you have a severely lifted truck the one it comes with should work.

If I was a 4x4 my rear would be approximately 1.25" taller because it would have blocks. Which not surprisingly would put me right where I need to be.

I will try it inverted to see if I can get closer to that 23". Just figured somewhere out there someone hasn't been able to get spot on with the coupler height.
    The instructions say to be even or 1 inch higher with the ball to the coupler not under

You measured your level trailer and said it is 23.5 which sounds about right so the top of the ball on your truck should be between 23.5 and 24.5 inches

If you input this stuff all into the calculator at Equalizer it will tell you what shank you need

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The shank it came with is the one they recommend so I'll invert it and see what I can come up with.

Thanks gang.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've somehow managed to replace my previous message with a new one again. Argh. Anyhow, over does make more sense to account for squat, swear the video said under, but found the manual with what you're saying.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. I'm not seeing that 1.5 constant mentioned in the paper manual. Just to get the ball even with the coupler or up to 1" over. I'll play around with it today.

Glad I came here and took a second look. I do most of my research with a toddler hanging from one leg, hinders my retention.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm. I'm not seeing that 1.5 constant mentioned in the paper manual. Just to get the ball even with the coupler or up to 1" over. I'll play around with it today.
    My bad.
    That was a different hitch. You are correct. I removed that mis-information.

Good luck.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright gang. Went out measured again and got 23.5-24 inches to the inside of the coupler.

Inverted the shank and had the height choice of 23" or 24.5" and went with 24.5". I'm going to torque things down to 150ft lb (until I can get the 300+ ft lb on it) and see how it goes.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright gang. Went out measured again and got 23.5-24 inches to the inside of the coupler.

Inverted the shank and had the height choice of 23" or 24.5" and went with 24.5". I'm going to torque things down to 150ft lb (until I can get the 300+ ft lb on it) and see how it goes.
    24.5 would be correct. You want to restore the front back to within 1/2 inch at a minimum

Goodluck

Yes get it as tight as you can to set it up then take it to a shop to get torqued

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will probably find 1inch or so high will be correct. Just all depends on truck and trailer hitch weight. What you want to end up with is trailer level and truck front end back to or near unloaded height when hitched. It is never going to perfect, more or less stuff in trailer or truck bed affect it
    But it will work as intended

As everyone has said just follow the directions and post questions and/or better yet call the equalizer tech #

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate everyone's input. We took her out for her maiden voyage this past weekend and I utilized the level campsite to revisit all my measurements.

Truck only front 38.75
    Truck w/ weight of trailer front: 39
    Truck w/ WDH fully on front: 39

Part of that is my Bilstein 5100's, the shop was meant to set them at level, but the front rides .75 higher than the rear.

I get about .5 inch return on the rear after I add the arms.

It rides pretty level, about 1" higher in the front of the trailer vs. Back. Think I will have the shop go down 1 rung on the Bilsteins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12