User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Sorry i quoted the wrong size tires above. We used ST225/75R15 E rated Goodyear Endurance tires. The Goodyear tires are far superior!
    How?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is a 2017. I had one flat (nail) on the Westlakes but will be replacing them this spring based on 1) age and 2) we have a 6-week trip planned this year.
    2019 F-250 Supercab
    2017 Imagine 2650RK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Every one I am looking to change them out To the Goodyear Endurance in March-April .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger tim View Post
    Thanks Every one I am looking to change them out To the Goodyear Endurance in March-April .
    Not trying to change your mind based on certain "opinions" nor should you be in panic mode because you are running Westlake tires. We have several thousand miles on ours and they have been trouble free.

Westlake's got a very bad reputation when GD placed E rated tires on heavy rigs. Not the tire's fault. A lot of sidewall failure can be attributed to curbing the tires. No noticeable or visible damage when it occurs. I have no idea how the RV hauler which towed my 5th from the factory drove. Did he curb the tires and if so, how many times. I think you get the picture.

Just because a comment is in bold does not provide more validity. Are the Goodyear's a better quality tire? I would say yes. Saying that Westlake's are a safety hazard which MUST BE REPLACED NOW OR YOU WILL SURELY ENDANGER YOURSELF AND OTHERS is absolute nonsense.

Check your tire pressure before you tow. Keep proper inflation and check for irregular wear. A TPMS is a very good method to monitor temp and pressure while driving.

Relax and enjoy your rig.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My experiences are a bit dated, but I got convinced that 4 years was the max. My worst experience was a blowout on an LA freeway (driver's side of course). The carcass wrapped itself around the axle and was a mother to get off.

When I bought my 2021 295RL, the dealer had upgraded all their orders to Goodyear tires.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    Not trying to change your mind based on certain "opinions" nor should you be in panic mode because you are running Westlake tires. We have several thousand miles on ours and they have been trouble free.

Westlake's got a very bad reputation when GD placed E rated tires on heavy rigs. Not the tire's fault. A lot of sidewall failure can be attributed to curbing the tires. No noticeable or visible damage when it occurs. I have no idea how the RV hauler which towed my 5th from the factory drove. Did he curb the tires and if so, how many times. I think you get the picture.

Just because a comment is in bold does not provide more validity. Are the Goodyear's a better quality tire? I would say yes. Saying that Westlake's are a safety hazard which MUST BE REPLACED NOW OR YOU WILL SURELY ENDANGER YOURSELF AND OTHERS is absolute nonsense.

Check your tire pressure before you tow. Keep proper inflation and check for irregular wear. A TPMS is a very good method to monitor temp and pressure while driving.

Adding my own experience here -- I have a 2017 Imagine 2150RB with original Westlake tires and took a 4000 mile trip last summer. No problems at all with the tires. The treads are still good, no cracks in the sidewall, and I kept them inflated to 65psi cold.
    2017 Imagine 2150RB
    2016 Silverado CC LTZ with 8-speed transmission

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is also important, is if the tirepressure is kept high enaugh.
    I am able to calculate a pressure with highest reserve, but still no bumping( so screws and rivets dont tremble loose, and no doors open after the ride).

If pressure high enaugh, and protected against UV and not stored close to electric devices that produce peroxides like Ozon, even the ST can last up to 10 years of use.

In Europe where I live, 6 years is normall, and that even discussed about longer, even by official institutes, like VACO and ANWB,
    But ST need higher advice then given by TT maker mostly, though there are exeptions , most for tandem-axle trailers.
    Your tires I know, but TT , I want to know howmany axles and GAWR, and GVWR, but better real weighed axle( end) weights.

You wrote speedrated D, but that must be a mistake.
    Last edited by jadatis; 01-30-2021 at 03:19 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “From my experience you need to replace them NOW!!!!

Exactly what tires were on your trailer when it blew?
    Rusty & Cathy
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2016 GMC 2500HD Crew Cab Long Bed 4WD 6L
    Husky 32217 Centerline WDH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post

Actually it is very much the tires fault. They were failing being used quite a bit below their max load rating.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2018 GD 2600RB, I switched out the Westlake tires after 2 years and 3000 Mi. with the Maxxis ST8008 225X75R-15s. E Range. Great tire, really helped out with peace of mind also. Maxis is my go to for all my trailers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast