User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your batteries are draining completely they may have disconnected the charging wires from the converter to the batteries.

The stock converter will charge LifePO4 batteries, just not fully.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RichAP View Post
    If your batteries are draining completely they may have disconnected the charging wires from the converter to the batteries.

The stock converter will charge LifePO4 batteries, just not fully.
    I installed a new Progressive Dynamics Lith Converter and still not charging so I bet you are right that the charging wire are not connected. I will let you know what i find. Thanks!!!!!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrogman View Post
    I’m hooked up to shore power but my LiPo lithium batteries not g tying charged. What could be the issue? My batteries are getting charge from Solar during day time registering 13.1 volts
    Double check that you battery disconnect switch (red handle) is in the on position (key can't be removed) If in the off position the power from you new converter will not get to the battery's to charge.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed! It was a breaker issue and I replaced Converter with Progressive Dynamics Litho ... Thanks to everyone for going hard on my issue. Have a great week

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Double check that you battery disconnect switch (red handle) is in the on position (key can't be removed) If in the off position the power from you new converter will not get to the battery's to charge.
    Fixed. Replaced a breaker. Thanks for jumping in to help! Progressive Dynamics Litho Converter has batteries at 14.4 right now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrogman View Post
    I’m hooked up to shore power but my LiPo lithium batteries not g tying charged. What could be the issue? My batteries are getting charge from Solar during day time registering 13.1 volts
    It sounds like you fixed the 120v converter issue.

If the dealer installed solar, maybe they didn't program the Solar Controller to charge lithium batteries. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    It sounds like you fixed the 120v converter issue.

If the dealer installed solar, maybe they didn't program the Solar Controller to charge lithium batteries. KEN
    Everything works now thanks to everyone on this forum helping me trouble shoot. Solar is charging, Converter charging batteries when hooked to shore, generator charges batteries. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LiPo Lithium batteries are designed to be depleted by 80% of capacity routinely. Running them to zero is not optimal but three times your OK. the manufacture can tell you how many discharge cycles you have and you can do the math to see what you have remaining. I have built a few test of concept systems at the house and will be moving one into the 2600RB in the next few months.

Solar is really not that complicated but the user really should get comfortable with the components if for no other reason than to be able to troubleshoot on the road. There is a book I would recommend that breaks it down to really simple terms ( I love the .... for idiots series, they keep it real and tell you the absolutely don’t do’s). It’s a fast read/reference for $15.00 on amazon. You spent thousands on the system a few bucks to really understand it is well worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Helps if I mention the book.......[ATTACH=CONFIG]32237
    Not sure if the phot link is coming through but it is “Mobile Solar Power Made Easy” as you see I forgot to add the link- now you know why I like the for idiots series...LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 18360E8B-3256-48D9-A0C2-CBC94F543735.png  

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExNihilo View Post
    LiPo Lithium batteries are designed to be depleted by 80% of capacity routinely. Running them to zero is not optimal but three times your OK. the manufacture can tell you how many discharge cycles you have and you can do the math to see what you have remaining. I have built a few test of concept systems at the house and will be moving one into the 2600RB in the next few months.

Solar is really not that complicated but the user really should get comfortable with the components if for no other reason than to be able to troubleshoot on the road. There is a book I would recommend that breaks it down to really simple terms ( I love the .... for idiots series, they keep it real and tell you the absolutely don’t do’s). It’s a fast read/reference for $15.00 on amazon. You spent thousands on the system a few bucks to really understand it is well worth it.
    Good points

While most of us may not be electrical geniuses when we buy into advance electrical generation it behooves you to learn some of the basics so you 1- understand your generation and dissemination of power in the trailer, 2- you can do basic troubleshooting and possible 3 - do upgrades yourself.

Trusting outside people to work on important systems in your trailer will become a recipie for being taken advantage of and spending more money than necessary in many cases. It also mean that simple solutions to easy to fix issues will wait while you obtain an “expert” .
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12