User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pullrite versus Demco auto slide

Good morning

Just bought a new solitude 310 GK a f350 srw sb. I really like the pullrite auto slide hitch. It’s lighter than the Demco and my fifth wheel needs a capture plate for the Demco as well so no advantage there. I am concerned about the height adjustment on the pullrite as it appears you can’t adjust the height do you do you think I will have any problems with heights and leveling the rig without any height adjustment on the hitch?

I am new to the fifth wheel as we used to have a travel trailer so any assistance would be much appreciated
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretzer View Post
    Good morning

Just bought a new solitude 310 GK a f350 srw sb. I really like the pullrite auto slide hitch. It’s lighter than the Demco and my fifth wheel needs a capture plate for the Demco as well so no advantage there. I am concerned about the height adjustment on the pullrite as it appears you can’t adjust the height do you do you think I will have any problems with heights and leveling the rig without any height adjustment on the hitch?

I am new to the fifth wheel as we used to have a travel trailer so any assistance would be much appreciated
    I have a Pullrite 4400 with a capture plate on my Reflection 26RL. The Capture plate comes off and goes on in a few seconds if needed. Mine is the old Traditional style and use a tonneau cover with no problems with height.

I like my Pullrite and have had zero problems with it.

My 2-cents
    Kristin & John
    2018 Reflection 26RL "Tailwagger ", 4-100Ah SOK Batteries
    2021 F350 Lariat 7.3 CC SB SRW “Big Red”, Pullrite SuperLite 2600
    Previous
    2014 Montana Mountaineer 310RET
    2012 F350 XLT 6.2 CC SB SRW, Pullrite SuperGlide 4400

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a Superglide the last time, got a Demco Hitchhiker this time. When I choose Pullrite didn't have a puck system and I didn't want to the capture plate 'thingee'. I don't know about the adjustability of the Pullrite but the Demco is very adjustable.

In the end, because I put on a MorRyde pin box I had to get an adapter plate for the MorRyde so maybe that is a even tie with the Pulltire regarding plates.

There are lots of discussions about this on the site. here is one example...
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was doing my research, I thought the Demco, while it needed a capture plate, it was installed on the hitch vice on the king pin (I thought). I think the optional capture plate is only for trailers with a suspension pin box.

I have a Pullrite Superglide and like it. It requires a capture plate regardless, but as pointed out above, it is easy to remove. I believe the height adjustment is done with the pinbox, not the hitch, which is kinda a detractor. That said, it works fine in my Ram 3500, and I have 6 inches of clearance from bed rails.

Mike
    Last edited by Walaby; 01-24-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
    2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 367BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walaby View Post
    When I was doing my research, I thought the Demco, while it needed a capture plate, it was installed on the hitch vice on the king pin (I thought). I think the optional capture plate is only for trailers with a suspension pin box.

I have a Pullrite Superglide and like it. It requires a capture plate regardless, but as pointed out above, it is easy to remove. I believe the height adjustment is done with the pinbox, not the hitch, which is kinda a detractor. That said, it works fine in my Ram 3500, and I have 6 inches of clearance from bed rails.

Mike
    If you use the MorRyde pin box on the Demco then you remove the Demco guide bars and have to buy and install an adapter plate for the MorRyde pin box. I think it has everything to do with the movement of the MorRyde pin box.
    Larry KE4DMG

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    If you use the MorRyde pin box on the Demco then you remove the Demco guide bars and have to buy and install an adapter plate for the MorRyde pin box. I think it has everything to do with the movement of the MorRyde pin box.
    Don`t know about the MorRyde but when I was looking at the Demco for the Turning Point Pin Box, I called Demco. it was because the Demco Guide bars only collapse to 12 inches and the Turning POint Pin Box was 9 to 10 1/2 wide so the gap is too wide and you have to use the wedge provided by Demco or the wedge provided on the Grand Design trailer and put it in reverse. The pullrite wedge attaches one way and you turn it the opposite way for the Demco.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo View Post
    Don`t know about the MorRyde but when I was looking at the Demco for the Turning Point Pin Box, I called Demco. it was because the Demco Guide bars only collapse to 12 inches and the Turning POint Pin Box was 9 to 10 1/2 wide so the gap is too wide and you have to use the wedge provided by Demco or the wedge provided on the Grand Design trailer and put it in reverse. The pullrite wedge attaches one way and you turn it the opposite way for the Demco.
    I'm not sure but have to ask..... if you have an auto slider hitch, do you also need a Turning Point Pin Box? It seems one or the other would be sufficient.
    Larry KE4DMG

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but have to ask..... if you have an auto slider hitch, do you also need a Turning Point Pin Box? It seems one or the other would be sufficient.
    Answer is no.

You need an auto slider if you have a short box truck and you want to "ensure" the trailer does not hit the truck at 90 degrees. You can`t have an unlocked swivelling pin box, and at the same time a slider hitch. That is two moving parts. The turning point comes locked in the "non" moveable position from the factory (in case you have a standard hitch). If you have a short box and you don`t want the trailer to hit your truck at 90 degrees then you purchase an autoslider or manual slider, leave the Turning Point in the locked position, take off the wedge behind the King pin on the upslope and bold and torque it in the position behind the King pin

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, not necessarily "one or the other would be sufficient". You may find that the slider hitch gives you more angle than a Turning point. You need to look at everything together.
    Height of hitch inside truck bed, whether you have a tonneau cover or not, distance of side rails from centre of hitch etc etc etc.