User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Refrigerator will not run on electric

All,
    I have contacted the dealership I purchased my 2018 337RLS and they are so busy they will not even give me an appointment. I guess I am on my own to repair it. It works great on propane. When I am parked at a campground and plugged in to 50 AMP service, the light will come on sometimes for a few minutes then go out. I have checked the fuse / breaker panel inside the coach as well as removed both panels on the out side. All of the fuses look good. Anyone have any Ideas?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Pat

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What model fridge?
    Bob and Cheryl, Puka the doodle
    2018 Ram 2500 Crew,Diesel,4x4
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2012 Palomino 6.5 camper

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Model number RM1350SLMX

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Hamilton View Post
    All,
    I have contacted the dealership I purchased my 2018 337RLS and they are so busy they will not even give me an appointment. I guess I am on my own to repair it. It works great on propane. When I am parked at a campground and plugged in to 50 AMP service, the light will come on sometimes for a few minutes then go out. I have checked the fuse / breaker panel inside the coach as well as removed both panels on the out side. All of the fuses look good. Anyone have any Ideas?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Pat
    You mentioned you removed the outside panels, but not sure it you checked the electrical plug. Our last trailer a Heartland Mallard M32 had the same issue after we took it home. The power cord for the fridge wasn’t plugged into the outlet in the outside panel from the factory. May be something to check.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    You mentioned you removed the outside panels, but not sure it you checked the electrical plug. Our last trailer a Heartland Mallard M32 had the same issue after we took it home. The power cord for the fridge wasn’t plugged into the outlet in the outside panel from the factory. May be something to check.

‘21 Momentum 31G
    I did check that. Thank you for your help!

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably needs a new circuit board. Easy to find online and swap out.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is more than 1 fuse to check on your RM1350... Outside on the small black panel are two fuses on that panel ... one is for 120 VAC operation of heating elements... There is a THIRD fuse in a small red holder to check as well.. Id also have to remove 120 Volt power to the fridge and ohm the heating elements in the flue stack...All of this will take you less than 10 minutes to check...

Since fridge works fine propane mode I would also check the terminal block connections on the fridge outside at the control module board

And yup I own a RM 1350

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you everyone for your help!
    I checked all 3 fuses again unplugged the fridge and plugged in a vacuum cleaner to be sure the out let has power, the outlet was good. I will look at ordering a new board and try that.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a new board solve your problem? Were you able to confirm that the electrical heating element was getting power?
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff