User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 2021 Solitude S-Class 2930 (Manufactured in 8/2020) had 2 Mach 15 AC units (one is a heat pump) - the bedroom was supposed to be a 13.5BTU AC unit but is actually a 15K one. Neither had the RV Airflow so I purchased on for the living room heat pump.

I am going to leave the bedroom the way it is )no RV Airflow system) because I can see where I might want to run the bedroom AC on our inverter (I also install Micro Air Easy Starts) and would use the quick dump to cool the bedroom without worrying about the whole camper. Shutting the doors to the bedroom and I bet we would be cool quickly. Part of my boon-docking plan.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For any other newly built rigs, question for you.
    I just checked our 310 GK, built in December.
    The back unit, which is the heat pump & AC combo does have the RV Airflow installed, but the bedroom unit does not have one installed.
    Seems strange, so I'll call GD and inquire...
    But in the meantime, doesn't it stand to reason they would do both, not just one?
    Or is the Heat pump main living area considered the "primary" unit, and perhaps they only add the RV Airflow to that one and not both?

Update- got hold of GD customer service. The RV Airflow is only factory installed on the main unit, NOT both.
    Last edited by JM0397; 03-03-2021 at 01:44 PM.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    Our 2021 Solitude S-Class 2930 (Manufactured in 8/2020) had 2 Mach 15 AC units (one is a heat pump) - the bedroom was supposed to be a 13.5BTU AC unit but is actually a 15K one. Neither had the RV Airflow so I purchased on for the living room heat pump. .
    Did you purchase a standard Mach 15 for your unit with a heat pump? Need to add one to ours.
    2020 Solitude 310GK
    2017 F350 Diesel CC SRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this new for 2021 models or did they start doing this earlier?
    2020 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4 6.6L Gasser
    2020 Imagine 2400BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastResort303 View Post
    Grand design installed the RV Airflow system from the factory. This is an awesome upgrade and improves the airflow and efficiency of the ac system up to 40%. That is awesome! The issue with the install they did, they installed the splash guard between the new concave plenum and the external cover. This setup actually restricts the low pressure return intake. So you do not get the extra benefit of the larger low pressure intake. Good news is, all you need to do is remove the splash guard from between the plenum and the external cover Reinstall cover and enjoy. This should only take a couple minutes to fix.
    The "splash guard" prevents the louvres on the grill from being opened and "dumping" air into the living space below. It forces the air into the racetrack ducting and makes for more efficient air distribution. It has nothing to do with return air. It should be left in place.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if this RV Airflow add on would work with a 2014 Atwood AC? Our two AC's work wonderfully, just interested in adding this to improve air flow.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kansan View Post
    Does anyone know if this RV Airflow add on would work with a 2014 Atwood AC? Our two AC's work wonderfully, just interested in adding this to improve air flow.
    You will have to look on the website and see if your AC model is listed.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Kansan View Post
    Even if your RV isn't listed, the website gives you instructions on how to measure your AC to see if it will work.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    2021 337rls w/ Andersen hitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have just taken delivery of our new to us 2020 311BHS. It has the Coleman 15 in the rear and the 13.5 in the front. I dont see a 13 0r a 13.5 option in the product list. Is the 13.5 the same as the 15 for this product? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I just posted something about fitment. I totally missed that part on their site.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast