User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV Airflow System factory installed....

Grand design installed the RV Airflow system from the factory. This is an awesome upgrade and improves the airflow and efficiency of the ac system up to 40%. That is awesome! The issue with the install they did, they installed the splash guard between the new concave plenum and the external cover. This setup actually restricts the low pressure return intake. So you do not get the extra benefit of the larger low pressure intake. Good news is, all you need to do is remove the splash guard from between the plenum and the external cover Reinstall cover and enjoy. This should only take a couple minutes to fix.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastResort303 View Post
    Grand design installed the RV Airflow system from the factory. This is an awesome upgrade and improves the airflow and efficiency of the ac system up to 40%. That is awesome! The issue with the install they did, they installed the splash guard between the new concave plenum and the external cover. This setup actually restricts the low pressure return intake. So you do not get the extra benefit of the larger low pressure intake. Good news is, all you need to do is remove the splash guard from between the plenum and the external cover Reinstall cover and enjoy. This should only take a couple minutes to fix.
    Thanks, I’ll check ours. Haven’t needed AC yet, but will be good to verify before I do.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this happening on the Transcend Line as well? Mine is being built as we speak and it would be great to have that.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcamacho View Post
    Is this happening on the Transcend Line as well? Mine is being built as we speak and it would be great to have that.
    Pretty sure it’s only coming in units with Coleman Mach since they only make them for Coleman and a few Dometic. The Transcends I saw on the lot when I picked up my imagine all had Furrion units.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LastResort303 View Post
    Unfortunately, my 2021 Reflection 320MKS that I picked up the beginning of January, did not come with the RV Airflow system in either AC unit. Maybe I need to call Grand Design and find out.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Unfortunately, my 2021 Reflection 320MKS that I picked up the beginning of January, did not come with the RV Airflow system in either AC unit. Maybe I need to call Grand Design and find out.
    If GD tells you that your trailer model doesn't include the RV Airflow, it's pretty easy to approximate it for very little money and a couple of hours work.

There are at least a couple of threads here talking about that, but I've just searched and not found them. Maybe someone else remembers where they are and will post a link here.

I did the mod after one of those threads appeared a few months ago; well worth it.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    If GD tells you that your trailer model doesn't include the RV Airflow, it's pretty easy to approximate it for very little money and a couple of hours work.

There are at least a couple of threads here talking about that, but I've just searched and not found them. Maybe someone else remembers where they are and will post a link here.

I did the mod after one of those threads appeared a few months ago; well worth it.
    Yup. I called Grand Design and my coach was supposed to have them. I was told I need to contact my dealer and work with them. So, that's what I'll be doing once I get the coach back from getting the drum to disc brake conversion done.

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my Imagine 2800 made in February came with the system installed. Works great!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCamper View Post
    Thanks, I’ll check ours. Haven’t needed AC yet, but will be good to verify before I do.

‘21 Momentum 31G
    I confirmed our main A/C has one. Our 2nd A/C just came in and GD was supposed to give us another R/V airflow since they messed up and shipped without the 2nd A/C. So I’ll see when we take it in next month for the install.

‘21 Momentum 31G

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    Yup. I called Grand Design and my coach was supposed to have them. I was told I need to contact my dealer and work with them. So, that's what I'll be doing once I get the coach back from getting the drum to disc brake conversion done.

Humm, I was just looking into these this week - not sure if they are installed on our new 310 GK or not, so will call GD also and see about saving myself $300 and some work if they were supposed to be installed (or already are!).

Good to know!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast