User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the frame and suspension. Which brand adds hanger gussets? Which brand will need springs upgraded? Which brand has the higher quality equalizer? Which brand has the higher GVWR to CCC ratio?
    Most everything else is generic. All brands make lemons and gems. Decals are cosmetic and the more you have the more you'll complain when they fade.
    Bling sells.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Not sure where in Canada you are or what dealers you were shopping. If you are in Southern Ontario near Toronto and have not checked out Layzee Days give them a try. About a year ago they were selling Solitude midbunk for 20K more than the Reflection. I knw still much more than the Montana or the Reflection but not 35K.

Rob
    Thanks, I actually reached out to them they are 96K so your close as its 25k more than the reflection. I do think the Solitude is better than the Montana and worth the 25k if you have that kind of money to spend
    Last edited by Chad1383; 01-26-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jayco recently released the 31MB that sort of picks up on the short comings of the 31MB from GD. They have a better outdoor kitchen, and a few other tweaks that are nice. Plus you can get the white interior if that is your thing. I know Jaycos quality has been suspect as of late, but from what I have seen over the last 12 months, they have really stepped up their game to try and be what they used to be years ago.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know first hand about Montana's, my father has one. I will tell you the problems he has had unbearable. Doors delaminating, auto level stuck, 2nd bath toilet would clog constantly without paper used. Dont get me wrong they look nice, but have problems. All campers are not perfect as well GD, has issues and so does any other brands, but minimal too what my father has gone through. Build quality of GD is bar none better than any other on market. I have built homes and commercial properties for 28.5 years and framing and structurally are the most solid if your into structural quality. IF cosmetics are your concern, GO Big spend $ you can get what you want. I have only owned 2 GD 2670 mk and Solitude 380 FL. Both are Great. Even though I didnt use 2670 MK 1 time. Look at resale value as well what holds value.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I hope this isn't blasphemy, but we, too, are looking at other RV brands. We have been researching different brands and models for almost a year, but then, no matter what we look at, we come back to the GD Solitude. However, we are also considering a Montana, a Jayco Pinnacle, and a new brand, Alliance. If you have not seen an Alliance, I would take a look; very nice quality. We will have to order what we want to have for any model, but the GD 380FL is still our favorite.

Take your time, don't rush it (but you probably know that since you've owned one), and enjoy the hunt - we are are ! It is some of the best couple-time I've been able to have with my wife, preparing for a new RV phase of life.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexSol20 View Post
    Well, I hope this isn't blasphemy, but we, too, are looking at other RV brands. We have been researching different brands and models for almost a year, but then, no matter what we look at, we come back to the GD Solitude. However, we are also considering a Montana, a Jayco Pinnacle, and a new brand, Alliance. If you have not seen an Alliance, I would take a look; very nice quality. We will have to order what we want to have for any model, but the GD 380FL is still our favorite.

Take your time, don't rush it (but you probably know that since you've owned one), and enjoy the hunt - we are are ! It is some of the best couple-time I've been able to have with my wife, preparing for a new RV phase of life.

Good luck!
    We were looking at an Alliance front bath a couple of weeks ago that was inside on the showroom floor. We really like the floor plan and it was nice. I could not believe the one on the showroom floor had a huge separation where the step up into the closet was. It was like some paneling with tiny nails had come apart. It looked like the paneling had swelled up the way it was bowed out. It appeared to be too long for where it was placed. I got to see just how it was put together. I will stick to GD.
    2019 F350 Lariat Super Duty 6.7L Diesel SRW 4X4 with puck system
    2016 Reflection 337 RLS
    Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting about the Alliance. We have seen videos of a model like the 380FL and it, too, still needed work done on it - like they were testing or displaying unfinished models. The ones we saw on a dealer lot were gret, but I will go back and look - thanks for the information!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any issues with your 380FL? As others and you have mentioned, nothing is ever perfect, but you are one of the very few members who even mention they had a 380 FL. Hands down so far, it is our favorite. Was it worth the extra money? Did you full-time or occasional travel? Any thoughts/observations would be appreciated.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you considered the 378 Solitude. Has all of your wish list and is more comparable to the Montana than the reflection. We have the 377 and think it’s perfect!

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not married to any brand and wouldn't hesitate to buy a different product.

Good luck with your new unit.
    2019 Momentum 395
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10 AISIN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast