User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexSol20 View Post
    Did you have any issues with your 380FL? As others and you have mentioned, nothing is ever perfect, but you are one of the very few members who even mention they had a 380 FL. Hands down so far, it is our favorite. Was it worth the extra money? Did you full-time or occasional travel? Any thoughts/observations would be appreciated.
    I bought a 2020 2670 MK to dabble in the camping lifestyle. I own a company and had no time to use so told the GF I was selling. The feel and quality is what got me. the floor and structure sold me on the unit just a real solid unit. So I sold it and while I was out of town GF went to dealer and looked at the 380 FL. I heard about how nice it was and only seen images. Finally broke down called dealer and could not work a deal. The numbers where 8k apart for model they had (not fully loaded) was dealer I bought 2670 MK from. So me being me, I get upset a little about it and looked for full paint every option available(Fully loaded) just to prove to local dealer I don't need there business either. Only 2 where available in the USA. One in Washington state one in NC. I called North Carolina worked a agreeable deal put on my CC. Drove 500 miles to pick up gf and another 500 miles to NC to pick up site unseen. I knew the quality I was dealing with and the quality I wanted. And sometimes you have to pay for that, but never even seen Inside one personally until I went to pick it up. A humble moment for an individual that never had much growing up. All I could say is WoW very emotional moment for me. Very overwhelming at first on size even though I have driven 18 wheelers several years ago, but it all is fine now. The only issue I have is backup camera, but that's it Love it. And so does GF. The only thing better is a Class A "Tuscany". Just my opinion.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you have any issues with your 380FL? As others and you have mentioned, nothing is ever perfect, but you are one of the very few members who even mention they had a 380 FL. Hands down so far, it is our favorite. Was it worth the extra money? Did you full-time or occasional travel? Any thoughts/observations would be appreciated.
    The 380 FL is larger than others. Pin weight is heavy. Especially with Cummins generator installed, but you can counter that weight a little by adding washer dryer if not equipped. Space is your friend, You can even put 14' Kayaks in basement if wanted. Make sure you get one with slide out covers. A lot of people say "I want a residential fridge". Not a good choice IMO as the multi power fridge is actual 4k more than residential plus, but most people overlook that. The bed sucks that will need changed as all RV mattresses are junk, I replaced with Sleep Number 2 zone king. "Storage" This unit will not fit at most indoor storage units. Mine is actually parked at local airport in storage. As for using we are occasional users as I have a full time job, but retiring in 1.5 years and needed this for some fulltime and It fits the bill now and I am sure later. I am not buying another for quite sometime I am content and so is the GF. Just remember some key things you can't add space, you cant add support and structure, and you can't be happy unless you have both. Bouncy squeaky floors and cramped space makes for miserable times.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life of Luxury View Post
    A lot of people say "I want a residential fridge". Not a good choice IMO as the multi power fridge is actual 4k more than residential plus, but most people overlook that.
    Are you saying your dealer charged you $4,000 more for the RV fridge???? On the last two Solitudes we ordered, the residential and RV refrigerators were the same price. The Build and Price feature on Grand Design's website shows the same price as well.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Are you saying your dealer charged you $4,000 more for the RV fridge???? On the last two Solitudes we ordered, the residential and RV refrigerators were the same price. The Build and Price feature on Grand Design's website shows the same price as well.
    If your RV fridge needs replaced the cost is 4k more than residential for replacement. Residential is actually a lot cheaper replacement. So if that is what they offer now same price great, but shows on my build sheet differently 4k option. Residential I suppose runs off inverter/ Solar and shore power? As RV one I have, uses shore power ,Generator, and Propane. Not sure now, I might stand corrected.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lzerarc View Post
    ... I know Jaycos quality has been suspect as of late...
    The same thing can be said of GD. Maybe they too will finally get their "game" back at some point.
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    So moving from a GD TT to a 5th wheel and just assumed it would be another GD product. Im kinda bummed about what I have found coming from the reflection 5th wheels. For reference Im looking at mid bunks or bunkhouses.

-I was looking t the 31MB but the fact it does not have the larger fridge really bugs me, my GD TT had the bigger fridge so its hard to go back to smaller fridge. No outdoor kitchen of any kind, and the interior colours are just so dark when it seems like a lot of other manufacturers are going to lighter tones.

-311BHS is quite a bit more $$$ and the only difference I find is the half bath.

-367BHS is obviously the most money and when I compare it a Montana High Country the Montana is a lot nicer. For example exterior graphics, interior light colours and other features that are nice like central vac and solid steps which the GD model lacks.

Im just disappointed that GD isn't really impressing me. I had some real concerns on some of the things I found on my GD TT that bothered me. Very small nails that didn't hold trim on longer than two trips, my main slide would hit my island and damaged the bottom of the slide. I paid more money for my GD TT and Im sure this is a trend in this industry but I was not overly happy with some of the fit and finish in my last GD TT. I will say they have good customer service.

Im surprised that GD isn't leading the industry with innovation or design. The Montana Im currently looking at is a lot nicer IMO than anything comparable in GD. Being honest the Montana is more money but only slightly more than the 367BHS.

Chad
    There are a few other big differences between the 31mb and 311BHS than just the half bath. 311BHS has the larger fridge and outdoor kitchen you were looking for plus an additional slide out in the master bedroom. Agree.. there is about a $9k MSRP price difference between them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Reflection 311BHS / 16K Airborne Sidewinder
    TV: 2012 Ford F-350 King Ranch / Airlifter Ultimate 5000 air bags / 16K Curt Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life of Luxury View Post
    I know first hand about Montana's, my father has one. I will tell you the problems he has had unbearable. Doors delaminating, auto level stuck, 2nd bath toilet would clog constantly without paper used. Dont get me wrong they look nice, but have problems. All campers are not perfect as well GD, has issues and so does any other brands, but minimal too what my father has gone through. Build quality of GD is bar none better than any other on market. I have built homes and commercial properties for 28.5 years and framing and structurally are the most solid if your into structural quality. IF cosmetics are your concern, GO Big spend $ you can get what you want. I have only owned 2 GD 2670 mk and Solitude 380 FL. Both are Great. Even though I didnt use 2670 MK 1 time. Look at resale value as well what holds value.
    Good information.Being as your in the building industry if you had a choice would you rather use plywood or OSB for your roof sheathing?

We are researching the pros and cons of purchasing a 303rls.

I am quite surprised that GD use OSB sheet for their roof sheathing. Given they market themselves as a premium builder why
    would they not use a premium product like a premium house build would use in their house construction.
    The marginal increase in price compared is small compared repair a wet OSB roof.

I also wonder while GD doesn’t install shocks on their suspension...again a superior manufacturing should use superior products.

mulligan

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Well, I hope this isn't blasphemy, but we, too, are looking at other RV brands. We have been researching different brands and models for almost a year, but then, no matter what we look at, we come back to the GD Solitude. However, we are also considering a Montana, a Jayco Pinnacle, and a new brand, Alliance. If you have not seen an Alliance, I would take a look; very nice quality. We will have to order what we want to have for any model, but the GD 380FL is still our favorite.

Take your time, don't rush it (but you probably know that since you've owned one), and enjoy the hunt - we are are ! It is some of the best couple-time I've been able to have with my wife, preparing for a new RV phase of life.

Good luck!
    We are looking at a GD 303rls and have looked JAYCO,Forest River,Alliance and Vanleigh. Vanleigh is made by the Tiffin Group...the one who makes motorhomes. We were looking the Pinecrest model, unfortunately they don’t import into Canada.

Indiana-based Thor Industries Inc.had bought family-owned Tiffin Motorhomes, the Alabama-based manufacturer of high-end recreational vehicles, in a deal worth $300 million.

80% of the RV manufactured are owned by 20 % of RV companies. Would that be an Oligopoly?

A TRAILER IS A TRAILER IS A TRAILER....there is no perfect trailer they all will need TLC some more than others.

Mulligan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123