User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thought my next one was gonna be another GD

So moving from a GD TT to a 5th wheel and just assumed it would be another GD product. Im kinda bummed about what I have found coming from the reflection 5th wheels. For reference Im looking at mid bunks or bunkhouses.

-I was looking t the 31MB but the fact it does not have the larger fridge really bugs me, my GD TT had the bigger fridge so its hard to go back to smaller fridge. No outdoor kitchen of any kind, and the interior colours are just so dark when it seems like a lot of other manufacturers are going to lighter tones.

-311BHS is quite a bit more $$$ and the only difference I find is the half bath.

-367BHS is obviously the most money and when I compare it a Montana High Country the Montana is a lot nicer. For example exterior graphics, interior light colours and other features that are nice like central vac and solid steps which the GD model lacks.

Im just disappointed that GD isn't really impressing me. I had some real concerns on some of the things I found on my GD TT that bothered me. Very small nails that didn't hold trim on longer than two trips, my main slide would hit my island and damaged the bottom of the slide. I paid more money for my GD TT and Im sure this is a trend in this industry but I was not overly happy with some of the fit and finish in my last GD TT. I will say they have good customer service.

Im surprised that GD isn't leading the industry with innovation or design. The Montana Im currently looking at is a lot nicer IMO than anything comparable in GD. Being honest the Montana is more money but only slightly more than the 367BHS.

Chad
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. And???

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Okay. And???

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    Just a rant about what i have found when trying to get back into another GD product.
    2021 GMC 3500HD
    2021 Montana High Country 385BR
    2018 GMC 2500 HD (Traded in)
    2019 GD312BHTS (written off by fallen tree RIP)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just do not understand how you feel it is helpful

Enjoy your new rig

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the Montana! Should be a great rig.

As long as you enjoy the rig that’s all that matters. I will say comparing the Montana to the reflections is half baked though. The Montana and solitudes line up nicely for level and packages.

Sounds like disliking the fridge got you to spend another 20k on a tailer lol but at the end of the day if that would have bothered you you need to get what you’re happy with ya know.

Post pictures once you pick it up.

Btw what truck is your tow vehicle? The Montana’s come with a little more pin weight than the reflections. (Can’t see signatures on the app)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Ram 3500 Laramie Megacab Patriot bus
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before you pull the trigger on a Montana compare the slide out top material and the material under the slides. Then check the slide out side construction. Know that compared to a Solitude it is 6” narrower - that’ll show up in on the bathroom space the most.

When I compare my Solitude to a new Montana a fried just got and a Cardinal another friend just got I’ll take the Solitude and their support any day.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Montana high country I was looking at was 2k more than the 367BHS but the mid bunk solitude is 43k more than the Montana so they aren’t even close.

The Montana I saw was 72k. 367BHS 70k. Solitude mid bunk is 115k. Canadian prices but not even in the same ball park.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    The Montana high country I was looking at was 2k more than the 367BHS but the mid bunk solitude is 43k more than the Montana so they aren’t even close.

The Montana I saw was 72k. 367BHS 70k. Solitude mid bunk is 115k. Canadian prices but not even in the same ball park.
    Not sure where in Canada you are or what dealers you were shopping. If you are in Southern Ontario near Toronto and have not checked out Layzee Days give them a try. About a year ago they were selling Solitude midbunk for 20K more than the Reflection. I knw still much more than the Montana or the Reflection but not 35K.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad1383 View Post
    So moving from a GD TT to a 5th wheel and just assumed it would be another GD product. Im kinda bummed about what I have found coming from the reflection 5th wheels. For reference Im looking at mid bunks or bunkhouses.

-I was looking t the 31MB but the fact it does not have the larger fridge really bugs me, my GD TT had the bigger fridge so its hard to go back to smaller fridge. No outdoor kitchen of any kind, and the interior colours are just so dark when it seems like a lot of other manufacturers are going to lighter tones.

-311BHS is quite a bit more $$$ and the only difference I find is the half bath.

-367BHS is obviously the most money and when I compare it a Montana High Country the Montana is a lot nicer. For example exterior graphics, interior light colours and other features that are nice like central vac and solid steps which the GD model lacks.

Im just disappointed that GD isn't really impressing me. I had some real concerns on some of the things I found on my GD TT that bothered me. Very small nails that didn't hold trim on longer than two trips, my main slide would hit my island and damaged the bottom of the slide. I paid more money for my GD TT and Im sure this is a trend in this industry but I was not overly happy with some of the fit and finish in my last GD TT. I will say they have good customer service.

Im surprised that GD isn't leading the industry with innovation or design. The Montana Im currently looking at is a lot nicer IMO than anything comparable in GD. Being honest the Montana is more money but only slightly more than the 367BHS.

Chad
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Every year we look at Montana as a companion to our lines, but are always so unimpressed.

Construction for one thing. You can lipstick a pig, but is still a pig.

Reflections do have MorRyde steps now, and a central vac is a waste. (been there and had it, never used it)

That all said, buy what you like....it's your $$$$$.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never used our central vac either. Took it out.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast