User Tag List

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldok3 View Post
    For anyone interested - I spent 30 mins on the phone with Furrion this morning. When I told the gal we wanted to use our new Grand Design "Off Grid" and had a question about the heater, her first response was "do you have a generator?"

Not a good start. They confirmed their AC/HEAT system requires both AC and DC. The ceiling fan is needed for the heater and the fan ONLY works on AC power. This is terrible. I suppose many people only use their RV's at campgrounds, etc so perhaps this isn't much of an issue. But I think this is a terrible design and Grand Design needs to do something to correct it.
    We have a different year and model (2020 2400BH) but ours definitely doesn’t work like that. As far as I know, the temperature sensor is in the thermostat in the bedroom. Also, the heater works just fine without shore power, as long as there’s enough charge in the battery.

Before I blocked off most of the heater duct to the bedroom, with the bedroom door closed, the heater would come on, heat up the bedroom nice and shut down right away, leaving the rest of the trailer cold. Now, even with the bedroom door closed, the heater cycles more like a residential heater does and more evenly heats the entire trailer.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your AC Heat Furrion? Or Dometic?

Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    We have a different year and model (2020 2400BH) but ours definitely doesn’t work like that. As far as I know, the temperature sensor is in the thermostat in the bedroom. Also, the heater works just fine without shore power, as long as there’s enough charge in the battery.

Before I blocked off most of the heater duct to the bedroom, with the bedroom door closed, the heater would come on, heat up the bedroom nice and shut down right away, leaving the rest of the trailer cold. Now, even with the bedroom door closed, the heater cycles more like a residential heater does and more evenly heats the entire trailer.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is your AC Heat Furrion? Or Dometic?
    My guess from looking at some pics he posted he does not have a furrion a/c

This is going to be a big issue for GD I believe

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there -

This is my first post on here. I’ve tried to find some answers in the forums, but without much luck.
    We have a brand new ‘21 Grand Design 2800BH and just enjoyed a terrific trip through AZ, however, the first couple days were spent tearing our hair out trying to figure out the heater/furnace.

The problem was that when we were hooked up and tried to use the heater, when we’d set the temp (for example 64 degrees) the heater/furnace would kick on and wouldnt turn off until it was 100! We’d have to get up every hour or so and turn the heater on and off manually. It was either Palm Springs in July or Mammoth in January. Nothing in the middle. We thought the the thermostat was broken. We called Grand Design and they too thought it was broken. It wasn’t until a few YouTube search’s we discovered the thermometer for thermostat is in the AC unit. And to get it to read the inside temperature, you must run the fan ALL NIGHT! Now I like noise machines, but the problem is, what do we do when we’re camping off grid? Or boondocking? Again, In order to get heater/to work properly, we HAVE to have the fan on. And without an inverter or generator, I really don’t know what to do.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    Attachment 31756
    Have you checked out https://
    Per our community policy, please do not mention the other forum. If you would like to understand why, please read this discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php/23897-Announcement-about-our-name-change?p=237174&viewfull=1#post237174
    .com/

and asked them? There are GD Technicians who monitor the site. May be more efficient. Unfortunately my RV (same year and model) is winterized and stored for another 5 weeks, otherwise I'd fire it up to confirm how it runs.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thoughts....instead of guessing on an online forum, has anyone actually called Grand Design and asked these questions?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    My thoughts....instead of guessing on an online forum, has anyone actually called Grand Design and asked these questions?
    I believe the OP contacted Furrion

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I believe the OP contacted Furrion

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    Yes, Furrion built the a/c unit, but who installed it in their unit?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got off the phone with a Grand Design Rep, and he said that the wall thermostat does sense temp, and their is a thermistor in the a/c shroud that should be sticking into the living cabin.

Some units have been found to have that thermistor inside the shroud instead of sticking out.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    I just got off the phone with a Grand Design Rep, and he said that the wall thermostat does sense temp, and their is a thermistor in the a/c shroud that should be sticking into the living cabin.

Some units have been found to have that thermistor inside the shroud instead of sticking out.
    I pulled the intake housing down and can see the temp sensor there in mine
    No way to have it in the cabin unless I poke it through the black filter covering

It should read from where it is though

Wonder why furrion is saying the fan needs to be running?
    I wonder if this sensor needs to be powered?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rep I talked to is in charge of the Transcend line, which uses the Furrion a/c exclusively. He said they have done extensive testing on these, and never had an issue, out side of that thermistor.

They never have run the fan. He said you can, it won't hurt, and will actually maintain a more even temp, but you don't have to run it, especially for boondocking.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast