User Tag List

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The Rep I talked to is in charge of the Transcend line, which uses the Furrion a/c exclusively. He said they have done extensive testing on these, and never had an issue, out side of that thermistor.

They never have run the fan. He said you can, it won't hurt, and will actually maintain a more even temp, but you don't have to run it, especially for boondocking.
    Knew you were the guy to get the answers

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew 1840 payload
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    The Rep I talked to is in charge of the Transcend line, which uses the Furrion a/c exclusively. He said they have done extensive testing on these, and never had an issue, out side of that thermistor.

They never have run the fan. He said you can, it won't hurt, and will actually maintain a more even temp, but you don't have to run it, especially for boondocking.
    Thanks for this. I sure would like to talk to your rep.

One Grand Design customer service agent I spoke with suggested I remove the ceiling fan cover and filter and that should allow the sensor to read the temp.

Unfortunately, without the fan running, it will get to well over 90 degrees (that is a guess as I don't have a separate thermometer in the RV) and not kick off. All the while, the thermostat on the Furrion Head unit will display some crazy number like 58 degrees.

Point being, our unit does not work appropriately any which way you look at it.

We did buy a sensor relocator, but I just received a note from Castle Winch that they just went out of stock. Presumably because there are more GD/Furrion owners with issues similar to mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldok3 View Post
    Is your AC Heat Furrion? Or Dometic?
    I can’t remember, I’ll look next time I have a chance to run by the storage.
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro Double cab

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by That 1 Ron View Post
    I can’t remember, I’ll look next time I have a chance to run by the storage.
    I can tell by a picture you posted before that it is not a furrion

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just got our 2021 2400 BH with the Furrion systems and have the exact issues you describe. The sensor is up in the ac/fan system and the only way to get an accurate temperature is to run the fan to actively suck air through it. Otherwise by the time enough heat trickles up into the unit, the cabin is FAR too hot. The fan will not run on 12v and so yes, we are SOL while out camping. Even plugged in somewhere with the fan running it leads to cycles of ~ 3 min on/3 min off when warm air is sucked straight to the sensor followed by cold air coming down through the ac unit to kick it right back on. As irritating as that is, the fact that you can’t even achieve that while out camping is an absolutely fatal flaw. I’ll have to look into this alternate sensor as well. Had I known this ahead of time we would have looked elsewhere as we primarily use our trailer for camping (dry). The salesman at the dealership briefly mentioned that the thermostat isn’t actually the sensor, and that the sensor was somewhere in the duct system, but I really didn’t pay much attention as I wrongly assumed that the system would work as all others do. Functional in a self contained way. This was my mistake I suppose, but it’s because I never imagined that they would have implemented such a shockingly and fatally flawed design. I am glad I came across this thread though, as I too had been searching to see if I was just doing something wrong. Turns out, I’m not, it’s just a massive failure of engineering.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry to hear your going through the same thing. Have you called and talked with any of the folks at GD? Obviously this is an issue that’s only going to grow as more buyers continue to purchase new GD’s with these
    Furrion units. And I think they need to remedy this situation ASAP.

I did order the sensor relocator, but unfortunately, it’s out of stock. As soon we get it, I’ll post an update on this thread.

Good luck and if you do speak GD, please share some notes with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by AMJF&FG View Post
    We just got our 2021 2400 BH with the Furrion systems and have the exact issues you describe. The sensor is up in the ac/fan system and the only way to get an accurate temperature is to run the fan to actively suck air through it. Otherwise by the time enough heat trickles up into the unit, the cabin is FAR too hot. The fan will not run on 12v and so yes, we are SOL while out camping. Even plugged in somewhere with the fan running it leads to cycles of ~ 3 min on/3 min off when warm air is sucked straight to the sensor followed by cold air coming down through the ac unit to kick it right back on. As irritating as that is, the fact that you can’t even achieve that while out camping is an absolutely fatal flaw. I’ll have to look into this alternate sensor as well. Had I known this ahead of time we would have looked elsewhere as we primarily use our trailer for camping (dry). The salesman at the dealership briefly mentioned that the thermostat isn’t actually the sensor, and that the sensor was somewhere in the duct system, but I really didn’t pay much attention as I wrongly assumed that the system would work as all others do. Functional in a self contained way. This was my mistake I suppose, but it’s because I never imagined that they would have implemented such a shockingly and fatally flawed design. I am glad I came across this thread though, as I too had been searching to see if I was just doing something wrong. Turns out, I’m not, it’s just a massive failure of engineering.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AMJF&FG View Post
    A simple fix would be to put another thermostat beside the other just to run the suburban furnace

Take the wires running from the furnace off the furrion thermostat and hook them up to the new one

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also have either of you tried to stick the temp sensor and poke it thru the filter so it is in the cabin?

Might take two people to finagle it

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested

While I have been waiting for the sensor relocation kit, I decided to pull the AC Fan / Vent Cover in the ceiling and do some digging. I am happy to report the digging was not hard and I found the room sensor quickly. I had read somewhere that the Ice Sensor on the AC Radiator was somehow attached or shared a wire loom with the room sensor, so after finding and removing that, I traced the wire back (or up) and quickly found the room sensor tucked up a little higher, neatly labeled, thankfully. After finding it, I pulled it down a foot or so and pulled it through the foam filter and re installed the Vent Cover. In doing so, the heater now works PERFECT. No 120V Fan needed.

Very happy to have found this. Attached, please find a few photos.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63410509032__A0E26F26-E201-444F-A069-0D0532A34B94.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	31918

Name:	63410515784__02F8497A-F09E-4944-A00E-CE62973E298C.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	31919

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldok3 View Post
    For those interested

While I have been waiting for the sensor relocation kit, I decided to pull the AC Fan / Vent Cover in the ceiling and do some digging. I am happy to report the digging was not hard and I found the room sensor quickly. I had read somewhere that the Ice Sensor on the AC Radiator was somehow attached or shared a wire loom with the room sensor, so after finding and removing that, I traced the wire back (or up) and quickly found the room sensor tucked up a little higher, neatly labeled, thankfully. After finding it, I pulled it down a foot or so and pulled it through the foam filter and re installed the Vent Cover. In doing so, the heater now works PERFECT. No 120V Fan needed.

Very happy to have found this. Attached, please find a few photos.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issue.

Name:	63410509032__A0E26F26-E201-444F-A069-0D0532A34B94.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	86.2 KB 
ID:	31918

Name:	63410515784__02F8497A-F09E-4944-A00E-CE62973E298C.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	31919
    Thanks for the "fix". I did the same thing to mine today, but found a "freeze sensor" loose above the A/C filter. By the looks of it, with a blue plastic piece attached to it, it seems like it should be mounted somewhere, like on the evaporator maybe? I can't get far enough up to see if it could be mounted anywhere. Anyone else have this sensor loose?

Name:	PXL_20210209_193512852.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	32014Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210209_193437714.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	32015Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210209_193832436.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	32016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210209_193448509.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	32017
    Last edited by AZMike; 02-09-2021 at 04:51 PM.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast