User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radio and Televison sound links

I just bought a 2021 2250RK and would like the sound from the TV to go through the radio like my old trailer dd.

How do I get the TV sound to go through the radio, please?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Barker View Post
    I just bought a 2021 2250RK and would like the sound from the TV to go through the radio like my old trailer dd.

My 2021 2970RL has a TLC Roku TV and a Jensen stereo/head unit. For mine, yours may vary, I can us an audio cable with 3.5mm male on each end. Plug one end to the headphone output on the Television. Plug the other end into the aux input on the Jenson stereo. My Jensen has a 3.5mm auxiliary input on the front. It ALSO has a 3.5mm auxiliary input on the back of the unit. Select appropriate auxiliary output on the head unit to receive the input from the TV.

Using the auxiliary input on the rear would be a more permanent installation. If I use the auxiliary input on the front I would need a 90deg end on the cable so I can close the glass door and leave the cable plugged. I will be using one of these two options in the future but not until I replace the speakers with something better. Right now the TV speakers sound better than the stereo speakers, for TV.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Barker View Post

Welcome to the forum. I don't know your trailer or which of the several radios that GD uses is in it. However some people have found that the radio supports banks of speakers with the TV sound connected to a bank that had to be un-muted at the radio.

Not to rain on your new trailer but if you do get the sound working the way you want you may wonder why you bothered. In our Solitude with "upgraded" Jensen radio we turned on the TV sound through the ceiling speakers for less than a minute - it was awful - and never used it again.

We bought a Visio sound bar at Costco for IIRC just around $200 (2-3 years ago) which came with rear speakers and a sub-woofer. Night and day sound improvement. It also came with Bluetooth support so we can play our mobile sound libraries through it. Highly recommended.

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For indoor listening, I installed a Vizio sound bar and it works great. I use the method that Mike & Lisa suggested when I am camping where I cannot receive a local radio station and want to listen to music outside that comes from my Dish network. Although my TV output is a left and right RCA plug and the input to the radio is the male phono plug.
    John
    US Air Force Retired
    2017 Reflection 315 RLTS
    2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2006RB and what I did was take the face plate off the Jensen unit and it has 4 screw you take off and pull the unit out. There is an ARC HDMI connector on the back of the unit. You connect an HDMI cable to that connector then the other end to the HDMI ARC connector on the TV and the speakers work fine. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Radio removal

Quote Originally Posted by maestrotoro View Post
    I just purchased a 2021 Imagine 2006RB and what I did was take the face plate off the Jensen unit and it has 4 screw you take off and pull the unit out. There is an ARC HDMI connector on the back of the unit. You connect an HDMI cable to that connector then the other end to the HDMI ARC connector on the TV and the speakers work fine. Hope this helps.
    My question to you is: how did you get the face plate off the Jensen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The face plate just snaps in. So you can use a screwdriver to pry either the left side or the right side and it comes right off. I have the Jensen manual that shows you. https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/atta...&thumb=1&stc=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jensen entertainment system.pdf  
    Last edited by maestrotoro; 05-25-2021 at 06:14 AM.