User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goducks14 View Post
    It just seems not right that you have to buy a new TT and then upgrade the suspension. I think your case is different from what GD intends buyers to do with an Imagine.
    Imagines are on the low end of their line up. Geared more towards 1st time buyers or buyers upgrading from an older TT or like a tent trailer.
    Most would just drive down the hwy and pull off right into a CG/RV park. Doubt many would do the boondocking thing.

Not sure what it would cost to have Dexter torsion axle installed but that might be a cheaper way to go. Agree dumping upwards of $7K into an already depreciating RV doesn't make sense. IMO there's better suited TT's out there.
    And we already have an Airstream with the torsion axels... the wife likes the GD floor plan though. Personally, I have looked at Lance (although reports of their recent quality issues is getting pretty large), Northwoods (we have a few dealers in michigan but have no stock)... and ORV but no one within several states that even have stock to see, let alone sell.

We may just keep what we have for now..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been concerned about the suspension and tires in my Solitude 310GK. I was all set to upgrade the Westlake tires to the Goodyear Endurance. In fact I ordered the tires and had them shipped to a Goodyear dealer. They arrived in a couple of days and they tried to install them. I am lucky that they could not get the Westlake's off. Someone else pointed out that my Westlakes were G rated tires and the strongest Endurance tires are only E rated. I had them returned and was purchased a set of Goodyear G614 RST Unisteel LT235/85R16 tires at a heavy truck shop. They were kind of expensive but I feel that they are safer than the Westlakes. I now hear that the Sailun tires are just as good and a lot less expensive.

I also made an appointment with Morride this March in Elkhart IN to have the IS installed. I already installed my own disk brakes and they will keep what I have and just do the suspension which will save about $2K. I have a goosebox hitch and the B&W ball I use is a little high but it gives good amount of clearance to my bed rails. I am looking forward to them adjusting the height so that the trailer is level.

I'll let you know how I make out.
    Best regards, Lou & Diane Cetrangelo, Saint James, NY
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat | Dually | Diesel | 4x4 | Super Cab | 8' Bed | B&W Goose Ball
    2020 Solitude 310GK | Reese 20k Goosebox |1,550 Watts of Solar | Victron 3k Mutiplus II | 3 SOK 206 AH Batteries | Disk Brakes | MorRide IS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyn2high View Post
    Someone else pointed out that my Westlakes were G rated tires and the strongest Endurance tires are only E rated. I had them returned and was purchased a set of Goodyear G614 RST Unisteel LT235/85R16 tires at a heavy truck shop. They were kind of expensive but I feel that they are safer than the Westlakes. I now hear that the Sailun tires are just as good and a lot less expensive.
    The Westlake (G), Goodyear G614 and Sailun S637 are all excellent tires. I put the G614 on my lighter Reflection 5th wheel. In the 235/85R16 size I chose the Sailuns on my last Solitude because they have a significantly higher load index rating as follows:

Goodyear G614 - 3,748lbs
    Westlake G - 4,079lbs
    Sailun S637 - 4,409lbs

Excellent choice going with MORryde IS!!!!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been debating back and forth about doing the MORryde IS on our Solitude. So far it's a go.

We retire in a little less then a year. My wife wants to go to Michigan to visit family. I think we will detour to Indiana. I need to call them and see when I need to schedule the job. KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed1911 View Post
    Hello all..

The wife and I are not new to RV'ing and TT's. We are contemplating a purchase of a 2021 2250rk.. we boondock out west (drive from Michigan to the southwest for several weeks a year), and currently have an Airstream. One upside of the airstream is the suspension.. it is tough, tracks smooth and is easy pulling. Looking at the small shackles and springs on the GD, I am hesitant to trust this weaker set up on Michigan roads.. or BLM land trails we like to go on.

My thoughts were to get the upgraded moryde independent suspension system.

I've seen several posts on here of people who have done it.. can you fill me in on your experience? Cost? Did you have to drive to the moryde facility in Elkhart Indiana for the install?

Is there a better upgrade?

We are the kind of owners that want to do it "one and done" and the idea of bent axels, blown tires and bad bearings doesn't appeal to me.

Please advise.. thanks!
    You have to go to Elkhart or an independent shop they use in Oregon to get the install. Changing Lanes on YouTube has a video on the install.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiejack75 View Post
    You have to go to Elkhart or an independent shop they use in Oregon to get the install. Changing Lanes on YouTube has a video on the install.
    OP has already been informed that MORryde does not offer an IS option lightweight enough for his travel trailer.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiejack75 View Post
    We made the appointment for ours about two weeks before the Changing Lanes Video. You could have it done in Oregon but all the custom manufacturing is done in Elkhart. They measure and make the parts on the first day and install it the second day. If they do it in Oregon they have to measure and order the parts from Elkhart and it will ship freight to them which will probably take about a week.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    OP has already been informed that MORryde does not offer an IS option lightweight enough for his travel trailer.

Rob
    Has Morryde been consulted on this application?

I answered his question on where the installation had to take place. It had nothing to do with someone's opinion on a forum, which may or may not be correct.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had hours of conversations with MORryde, toured the factory, observed the fabrication of the suspension units, and talked with the technicians. I have also had the IS installed on two fifth wheel RVs and know what MORryde offers. It's not just "opinion."

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    MORryde does not offer an independent suspension unit light-weight enough for the 2250RK. In the IS, they offer 7,000 and 8,000 lb. suspension units - probably twice what the 2250RK would need (and they are heavy). A much better option would be to beef up the hangers and shackles - there are many threads on the forum outlining how folks have done this. Bent "axles" are not the common failure mode. Flat springs, broken hangers, and failed shackles or bolts are much more common.

LT tires are not the best choice for trailers, either. The sidewalls are not designed to handle the lateral stresses put on tires by tandem axle RVs. A good ST tire such as the Goodyear Endurance would be a better choice.

Rob
    Have you ever used LT tires on a TT? Or are you just repeating what you have read?
    I have actually used STs AND LTs. Michelin XPS RIBS. I had three sets all replaced due to age! Not a single issue with them.. And I am admittadly hard on tires. Just about every trip involves high tempertures (home is in Phoenix)and rough (100% boondocking) roads.
    I actually have owned a LOT more STs than LTs though. Only because none of the STs made it to their second birthday. After MANY ST upgrades and still having failures, I decided to make the switch. It turns out that all of the pro ST tire writings I had believed were ....... Wrong. Making the upgrade to LTs was the best thing I ever did.... And yes it is an upgrade. Some higher end TTs come with them, or they are an optional upgrade.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast