User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Second Chance;347446]I have had hours of conversations with MORryde, toured the factory, observed the fabrication of the suspension units, and talked with the technicians. I have also had the IS installed on two fifth wheel RVs and know what MORryde offers. It's not just "opinion."

Rob[/QUOTE

Of course it's an opinion, unless you are the designer of the system. Just because you have had two installed doesn't make you an expert on the design. If the spring rates can be altered to suit the OPs rig, they would just have a beefier setup than normal, which is what they were looking for in the first place. Overkill. I have done it every day in my 30+ years of mechanical machine design.

Again, Morryde should be consulted if the OP has the $7K and is OK with the trip to Elkhart.

BTW Rob, this is not a personal attack on you. I have enjoyed your posts on the forum. You have a wealth of knowledge.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed1911 View Post
    Hello all..

The wife and I are not new to RV'ing and TT's. We are contemplating a purchase of a 2021 2250rk.. we boondock out west (drive from Michigan to the southwest for several weeks a year), and currently have an Airstream. One upside of the airstream is the suspension.. it is tough, tracks smooth and is easy pulling. Looking at the small shackles and springs on the GD, I am hesitant to trust this weaker set up on Michigan roads.. or BLM land trails we like to go on.

My thoughts were to get the upgraded moryde independent suspension system.

I've seen several posts on here of people who have done it.. can you fill me in on your experience? Cost? Did you have to drive to the moryde facility in Elkhart Indiana for the install?

Is there a better upgrade?

We are the kind of owners that want to do it "one and done" and the idea of bent axels, blown tires and bad bearings doesn't appeal to me.

Please advise.. thanks!
    Upgrade to 5,200 lb axles, Kodiak disc brakes, CRE 3000 equalizer with wet bolts & shackles, and sumo springs...about 1/2 the cost of the MORryde IS setup. This is what I'm doing with my 2970RL. CRE3000, wet bolts & shackles last year, Sumo springs this year, and If I keep the trailer, axles and brakes next year.
    Spike & Kimberly
    2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2021 F-350 7.3L CC LB SRW
    2002 GMC 2500HD 6.6L -Traded

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    Upgrade to 5,200 lb axles, Kodiak disc brakes, CRE 3000 equalizer with wet bolts & shackles, and sumo springs...about 1/2 the cost of the MORryde IS setup. This is what I'm doing with my 2970RL. CRE3000, wet bolts & shackles last year, Sumo springs this year, and If I keep the trailer, axles and brakes next year.
    Why Sumo springs with the CRE3000? The CRE3000 moves vertically for a smoother ride. The Sumo springs would deter most of that movement and make the CRE3000 useless IMO.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123