User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude outdoor kitchen

Does anyone know where the new slide out Solitude outdoor kitchen can be purchased?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Jordan View Post
    Does anyone know where the new slide out Solitude outdoor kitchen can be purchased?
    From a GD dealer?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good point. I was hoping it was an after market product that GD was using. My local dealer has much to be desired.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akita Dad View Post
    Have you seen one "in the flesh"?

Our trailer was already on the dealer lot with the kitchen option installed. We had the dealer take it out and credit us for it.

The outdoor kitchen slides into the storage basement, where it occupied IIRC about 75% of the space there on our 310GK. There was VERY little room for storing the other things that nearly everyone carries there such as barbecue, chairs, cleaning equipment and tools, satellite dish, etc. The kitchen also weighs a lot - nobody I've asked knows but my own guess is that it weighs close to 200 pounds, stored forward close to the pin. Finally it has a cold-water-only sink with an oddball drainage system and a kludgy little grill.

We opted to buy a quality brand-name grill and a folding table, and have room for those and a bunch of other stuff in the basement storage area we reclaimed.

You may not care about the things we didn't like about it. Good luck with your choice.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the review! I think I will explore another option.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akita Dad View Post
    thank you for the review! I think I will explore another option.
    If you have a 310 then I agree with boyscout, it takes up most of your main storage area. If you have a model with a lot of other storage areas like mine then it's worth considering. I really enjoy having it, especially to cook bacon outdoors in the mornings. I also bought a 22 inch Blackstone griddle and the table is perfect for it as well. The included grill actually works pretty well for what it is. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outdoor kitchen (2).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	31791 As far as the weight my factory weight sheet with it listed 2900 lbs pin weight. Frankly with a F450 I could care less about the pin weight lol.
    Last edited by Txfivver; 01-26-2021 at 01:22 PM.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the report. I think I will just install a simple slide with a black stone and call it a day.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with Txfivver when it comes to another cooking methodology. I don't have the Blackstone system but I do have the Camp Chef Expedition 3x combo along with their BBQ that sits on top of two burners. Using a cast iron smoker box under the grates I can smoke what ever is on the BBQ (or not). The griddle covers two of the the three burners (burners are 30K btu each, great for crab or lobster pots so I don't have to carry another dedicated burner). Have had it for 15 years now and still going strong. Fits easily into my basement storage and takes up minimal space. They also make a 2x 2 burner version. Safe travels!
    Last edited by zinman; 01-27-2021 at 11:15 PM. Reason: bad spelling
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Txfivver View Post
    If you have a 310 then I agree with boyscout, it takes up most of your main storage area. If you have a model with a lot of other storage areas like mine then it's worth considering. I really enjoy having it, especially to cook bacon outdoors in the mornings. I also bought a 22 inch Blackstone griddle and the table is perfect for it as well. The included grill actually works pretty well for what it is. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outdoor kitchen (2).jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	31791 As far as the weight my factory weight sheet with it listed 2900 lbs pin weight. Frankly with a F450 I could care less about the pin weight lol.
    My 372 WB still has PLENTY of room with the outdoor kitchen....and a Blackstone...and a 50 inch TV....etc. I like mine....glad I ordered it
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those with the outdoor kitchen (Txfivver, JMCFAN)
    I have a new to me 2018 375Res and just spent my first two weeks in it. I think I really want the outdoor kitchen.
    One problem I recently had was I found a dead bird in the underbelly by my front holding tanks (that was nasty, had to drop belly and replace insulation). I think it got in thru the open front basement door (which would be the outside kitchen door). So, I am paranoid about leaving the basements open.
    So a few questions: With this kitchen ...
    * do you stow after using, or do you leave it setup?
    * If you leave it setup, what weather changes that answer?
    * did you do anything to pest proof the basement?
    Thanks, RonS
    Ron & Kim
    Flint, MI
    2023 GMC 3500 SRW
    2018 Solitude 375RES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast