User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water in shower door tracks

I was worrying about the water sitting in the shower door tracks when I read a timely article in an online magazine (sorry don't remember which one) with a simple solution. It works so well that I thought I would pass it along in case others have this problem.

Buy a four pack of sponges. Take one of the sponges and cut it in to three pieces. Take the cut pieces and stick them in each of the three tracks closest to the water outlet by the doors. out the remaining sponges in each of the tracks at the other end. Slide them toward the cut pieces. The water will either push out through the openings or be absorbed by the sponges. Remove the sponges and squeeze out the water. Slide the doors to the other end and repeat the process.

I have also found that using the sponges to wipe down the shower afterwards actually works better than a squeegee since they conform to the curves of the walls.

Hope this helps reduce some moisture in your RV!
    Mark, Linda and Riley (RIP 6/17/20)
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Dually LB
    B&W Companion hitch

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Lindabf View Post
    I was worrying about the water sitting in the shower door tracks when I read a timely article in an online magazine (sorry don't remember which one) with a simple solution. It works so well that I thought I would pass it along in case others have this problem.

Buy a four pack of sponges. Take one of the sponges and cut it in to three pieces. Take the cut pieces and stick them in each of the three tracks closest to the water outlet by the doors. out the remaining sponges in each of the tracks at the other end. Slide them toward the cut pieces. The water will either push out through the openings or be absorbed by the sponges. Remove the sponges and squeeze out the water. Slide the doors to the other end and repeat the process.

I have also found that using the sponges to wipe down the shower afterwards actually works better than a squeegee since they conform to the curves of the walls.

Hope this helps reduce some moisture in your RV!

Awesome solution, thanks for posting... sure beats my wood spoon and towel method ...

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went a different route on our 351M. The water is supposed to drain between the tracks back into the tub via slots cut into the aluminum. These slots are not cut all the way down so I got out the trusty ole dremel and proceeding to grind away. Not hard at all. The slots are now reach the bottom of track and no more water accumulation.
    2019 Momentum 351M, Disc Brakes, Roadmaster Slipper Springs/shocks
    2018 F-450 Ruby Red
    B&W 25K Hitch
    2015 H-D Road Glide CVO / B&W Biker Bar

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sealed the inside edge of the shower track. I also took out each screw a put a little sealant in each and then put the screws back. I put a small piece of very absorbent cloth in each track hole with the tail inside the shower. It wicks all the water out of the track.

I like the cut sponge trick for cleaning the track. Thanks, KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021