Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Backup assist components cost

Quote Originally Posted by AFChief21 View Post
    Thank you for this detailed response! I too have a 2020 F-250 and was disappointed to learn that the backup assist would not work with my 5th wheel. Can you share the total cost for the kit(s)?
    Hi.....the plug mentioned above HU5Z..... $69.57, and the sensor kit LC3T.... $176.00 and you're good to go.

Best wishes.....Dave
    2021 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    Tow Vehicle 2020 Ford F-250 FX4 6.2L
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hobe320,
    When you mounted the yaw sensor on your battery box, how did you route the cable from the sensor out to the connector in the bed of the truck? How did you route out of the front compartment?

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning Point Hitch and Ford Trailer Backup Assis

Quote Originally Posted by RichardV View Post
    Hobe320,
    When you mounted the yaw sensor on your battery box, how did you route the cable from the sensor out to the connector in the bed of the truck? How did you route out of the front compartment?
    I mounted the sensor under the "garage" on the front surface of the battery box that extends below the rim of the garage. I'll take a picture in a little bit and post it here. I then attached a cable tie to a "3M stick-on wire patch" where I keep the cable coiled when not in use. My truck had the standard hitch plug in the rear bumper, I replaced that standard plug with one that would accommodate the sensor plug. (if you look back in the thread you'll see a part number). The sensor plug just plugs right into the bumper mounted plug. I found the "unused" sensor socket coiled up under my spare tire and it is in turn plugged into the "rear" of the bumper mounted plug. As I said, I'll put a pic up once I run down and photograph it. So my 5th wheel main cable plugs into the plug inside my truck bed. And the sensor plugs into an entirely different plug mounted in the bumper. If you have any other questions....fire away......Dave
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    For 2022 the system is now compatible with 5th wheels. They have new sensors that go on the king pin. I don't have mine yet so I cant elaborate.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turning Point Hitch and Ford Trailer Backup Assist Sensor Location

This is how I positioned the sensor on the bottom of the battery/box located under the 'garage'.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-8714D.jpg  
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried the Backup Assist with a sliding hitch? A possible concern is that the software doesn't know how to handle a shifting pivot point.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan C52 View Post
    Has anyone tried the Backup Assist with a sliding hitch? A possible concern is that the software doesn't know how to handle a shifting pivot point.
    I don't have a sliding hitch, but based on how my fixed hitch responds...I would imagine, if you attach the sensor to your rig vs the hitch components.....it wouldn't matter sliding or not....but I'm just supposing.
    PULLIT 5th Wheel Hitch
    Home Base Hobe Sound FL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in the process of installing on my 295RL towing with an F250 and using a B&W Slider hitch. I am thinking it will make a difference if you are in the extended position for the slider hitch. I will probably try calibrating in both hitch positions, and have two different trailer configurations - 1 for each hitch position. Then compare funcitonallity for each. BTW - have you decided where to mount the sensor? Was thinking of mounting inside the pin box area on the trailer (where the umbilical cord is).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12