0 Thread(s)
    oops I meant 22MLE.
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Tires Replacement....Brand Recommendations, please.

Quote Originally Posted by zygmunt View Post
    Hello, I have 2021 Grand Design 22MKE and experience a blowout today on the way home. The RV came with ST205/75R14 “L” rating for max 75mph. I was only going 55 mph. I checked tire pressure in AM before leaving. The tires were cold, it sat at the campsite over the weekend. The tire pressure was 64psi. What are my opinions for replacing the tire with another brand? What would be a good replacement tire? I only had 680 miles on the RV and I was coming home from my second weekend trip.
    Get the free replacement and carry on. Perhaps you hit something
    I have lots of miles on mine and no issues

Do you have a tpms? What were temps at?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll get the free replacement, but I read a lot a bad stuff about the Westlake tire. I didn't hit anything. I been on US 70 in Eastern NC numerous times, and the road did not have any debris. Lucky it was 10am and shore traffic heading westbound haven't start. I was 10 miles from my house when it happen. But thanks for suggestion.
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had any one hear any bad news about Hi Run 8ply WD1336 tires?
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another vote for Goodyear Endurance. I've had them for two years and haven't had any problems so far.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input, but unfortunately you can not get Goodyear Endurance at this time. I was at Rack Tire and soonest they can be shipped is in Feb 22. I decided to go with Hankook Vantra which has the same rating as the Endurance. I ready did not want to go with another Chinese made tire, but I had use them in the past on my vehicle and worked well. My neighbor F-105 (2021) has Hankook tires on it.
    Best Regards,

Ziggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input, but unfortunately you can not get Goodyear Endurance at this time. I was at Rack Tire and soonest they can be shipped is in Feb 22. I decided to go with Hankook Vantra which has the same rating as the Endurance. I ready did not want to go with another Chinese made tire, but I had use them in the past on my vehicle and worked well. My neighbor F-105 (2021) has Hankook tires on it.
    Discount Tire has them in stock. Also contact your local Goodyear store. I received an email the other day, maybe from USAA or FMCA, something with an "A"?, about a 25% discount if you order direct from Goodyear.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Discount Tire has them in stock. Also contact your local Goodyear store. I received an email the other day, maybe from USAA or FMCA, something with an "A"?, about a 25% discount if you order direct from Goodyear.
    This is a good piece of advice...

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... however, if you decided to buy Chinese made tires, go for it. Remember, quality is a function of corporate philosophy not geography. Poor quality is not a result of geographic location. As for China made tires, you only need to choose a manufacturer who meet all the performance requirements required for sale in the USA and so you'll probably have a relevant product.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Gordon View Post
    Another vote for Goodyear Endurance. I've had them for two years and haven't had any problems so far.
    I have been considering getting the Endurance tires,time to change ours,have you seen anything on the mileage
    rating of these tires ?
    2016 Reflection 303 rls
    Chevrolet 2500 hd,Duramax-Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast