User Tag List

Movingon

Caring for Sofa and Theatre seating

We just got our 303 and I am wondering if anyone knows what to clean/carefor the sofa and recliners? They appear to be leather, but I am sure they are not real leather. I forgot to ask our dealer when we were doing our walk through.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any reply on this one?
    SW of ATL
    2018 F350 CC DRW
    2019 Momentum 394M

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too, am watching this. I have leather in all of my vehicles and use Meguiars Gold Class cleaners and conditioners. I am not totally sure it is right for the fake leather in our 303. Our doggy uses the couch most of the time and I have used Aerospace 303 to wipe down after a wet rag cleaning but wonder if a leather conditioner is right for the material used on the furniture in our coach. I wonder what GD/Lippert recommends?
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "leather" on the LCI seating (theater seats, sleeper sofa) in our Reflection is not full-thickness leather. It is a manufactured leather product bonded to a fabric backing. Whatever you use on it must be labeled as safe for manufactured leather products. I use regular leather products on the seats in the truck since they are "real" leather. I don't use anything other than a damp cloth to clean up spills on the RV furniture.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's bonded leather. There's a thread on this forum about it or you can google "bonded leather". It's not a very good product and once it starts peeling there isn't any stopping it and it accelerates very fast. We keep our two sofas covered with sofa covers to keep the dog's claws from damaging the bonded leather. The last time I had this product, it didn't last two years.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just accept the fact that this stuff is likely to peel. I have a Costco chair with this pleather and once it starts peeling there is nothing you can do to stop it.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet Project Cars' method?

Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    Just accept the fact that this stuff is likely to peel. I have a Costco chair with this pleather and once it starts peeling there is nothing you can do to stop it.
    Well this thread is depressing. As I've mentioned before, I watch a YouTube channel called "Sweet Project Cars". I think I'm going to try his method on my RV's furniture. Can't hurt, based on the experience of the individuals that have posted on this thread. If you're curious, watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcl59LfDHLo

2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bonded Leather....What It Is and How To Care For It: https://www.officechairs.com/blog/bonded-leather

Like I mentioned above....take care of it in advance because once the smallest piece starts to peel, it's pretty much garbage within a very short period of time.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg