User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV Sailor View Post
    Yes I have read the manual quite extensively. Thanks for pointing it out to me for a refresher. Thank you for reading the manual, since you don’t have the Fireflys I assume it was to warn me and others. Hydrogen gas accumulation is no joke. Our batteries are in vented boxes per ACBY . In addition I added egg shell foam at the bottom of the boxes to minimize any vibration from the trailer.

AGM are exempt from CFR 49, Subchapter C regulations on storage vs say lithium’s

It’s a red herring. AGM batteries are stored on boats in many similar compartments. In fact the air flow is actually quite good in the storage compartment pass through of our 25000RL. These aren’t wet cells which gas all the time. Most AGM don’t even have vent portals. Most RV sites and many reputable Solar companies ( Northern Arizona, Go Power , Zamp, Renogy ) have pictures of both AGM and Lithium batteries in pass through, even under master bedroom beds, and many other inside spaces. Most aren’t even contained in battery boxes, just tied down .

If I were you I would more concerned by the thermal runaway of lithium batteries. They are inherently dangerous no matter which type by their very nature. I’ve never seen a boat fire caused by AGM batteries but have seen 2 caused by lithium ones. That’s anecdotal evidence. The batteries were in fact from one of the major manufacturers. The constant vibration of the boat eventually cause the thin separation plate between the electrolytes to have a small hole and then the thermal runaway stArted. If I used lithium I would be concerned about the constant vibration in a RV trailer and nestle or place the lithium batteries on a shock absorbing material to minimize their vibration.

There’s a reason lithium batteries have major restrictions on cargo / commercial planes. There is no similar restriction to AGM batteries. I have two friends who are commercial pilots for United and American. Both own sailboats and both have witnessed first hand lithium batteries during thermal runaway on their planes. One in fact required an emergency landing.

They are a great source of energy if properly handled. Great recharging capabilities. Their best usage is in static situations like solar fields and houses. The downside aside from the obvious price issue is when something goes wrong with them it’s catastrophic vs lead batteries.

I would suggest that those using lithium batteries take precautions on the vibration that could possible over time damage their cases and internal components by putting anti vibration foam under them.
    Mine are on my TT and sitting in the soft foam that they shipped in...about 1.5" and it will compress about 50%. They are in between the tongue and the axles.
    GoodOz

2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2018 F250 6.7 w/2219 available payload

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just put my batteries under the bed and inverter in the pass through. I assume your water hookup is in the pass through and when you take the panel off to winterize you will see all the hoses and wires run down the bottom which is also where the battery wire come up from the tongue to the shutoff.

If you move the batteries to the pass through or under the bed you would just need to run a black and red wire from them to the tongue and remove the wires from the battery box to the tongue. Lowes had the equivalent wire that is used on the rv in the cut to length area.

If in the pass through you would just need to run wires through a thin panel i the winterizer area. If under the bed on mine I could have run it through the thin wall to where the fresh water fill line comes in (under bed far back lower passenger side). Otherwise you go through into the pass through and then underneath.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I studied my whole system I realized some of the most critical wires were from the battery to the inverter due to how much the inverter pulls. On my 22MLE I located my BattleBorn and inverter under the dinette seat which is right next to the electrical panel in the pantry. That also made a short run from the battery to the 12v Panel. Then I installed my solar using the prewire. If you have room near your electrical panel it sure makes it easy.
    Dan, Ponderosa Park, CO
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE (SOLD)
    2023 Hiker Mid Range Deluxe 5x9 (Due Oct 2023)
    2018 Nissan Titan Crew

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 2500rl and planning on putting a progressive dynamic 9160al charger in the passthru and 175 amp lifeso4 under the bed for space saving in the passthru. Has anyone slept in the bed with the charger running yet? Does it make noise and vibration while you are trying to sleep?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12