Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2021 Solitude 345GK

Purchased a new 345GK on New Years Day! Will be pulling with a Ram 3500 6.7 CC SRW short bed. Would like a long bed but got over $16K off list price on the truck last summer. Don't have a hitch yet (trailer is at dealer, they are storing until we want it, i.e. warmer weather. Thinking about doing the Reese Goosebox but have some concern with the short bed. Otherwise may go with the Blue Ox Super Ride BXR6200 (will do the BW turnover ball in the bed). Really want to not do a autoslider due to the weight of those hitches plus would have to also get an adapter for the MORyde rubber pin box. Any thoughts?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3975.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	31807
    Last edited by RVfreedom; 01-27-2021 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 345GK-R should be ready in April. I just installed the PullRite SuperGlide in my 2021 F-350. I just purchased a used 5th wheel enclosed trailer and if I didn't have the SuperGlide hitch, there's no way I would be able to turn the truck without the rear bumper contacting the trailer. I was super-impressed with the quick response the hitch has with only the slightest turn. I was really nervous at first but very comfortable with the clearance now. I did need to install the capture plate on the enclosed trailer though. They don't work without it! Hope you get your situation figured out.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 430deere View Post
    My 345GK-R should be ready in April. I just installed the PullRite SuperGlide in my 2021 F-350. I just purchased a used 5th wheel enclosed trailer and if I didn't have the SuperGlide hitch, there's no way I would be able to turn the truck without the rear bumper contacting the trailer. I was super-impressed with the quick response the hitch has with only the slightest turn. I was really nervous at first but very comfortable with the clearance now. I did need to install the capture plate on the enclosed trailer though. They don't work without it! Hope you get your situation figured out.
    Installed the Blue Ox hitch. Will get our RV April 13th. Congrats on your new equipment!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just picked up our 345GK-R last weekend with the Pullrite 2914 SuperGlide on our 2021 F350 Lariat short bed. Installed the hitch myself with no issues following the instructions and video. But things went south quickly when we went to a parking lot to practice backing up. It just happened to be during a heavy downpour in Texas, and I thought everything would be OK without a spotter since the turns weren't 90 degrees and the parking lot was totally empty. Instead when I got it to about a 70 degree turn the front cap touched the back and shattered it. I'm working with Pullrite customer support and they've been requesting measurements, pictures, etc. to help them figure out what happened. Judging by the marks on the silver rails where the slide has moved it did not go all the way back. I'm going to do some more testing this weekend and take pictures and video of where the cap is and the location of the hitch's location on the rails.
    The instructions say to mount the first bolt in the fifth hole from the front which makes sense as that places the pin directly over the gooseneck hole location when the truck and trailer are in line with each other.
    I don't know if Grand Design changed the front cap this year - it isn't domed like many of the other makes/models out there IMO.
    I'll post updates as I get them. Would love to get this entire setup to work if I can.
    As you say, the Pullrite is heavy, I bought a Jack Rack to help me get it in and out of the truck by myself, but I haven't tested it out yet.