User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, this is a lot of great info.

After years of shopping for next camper and bouncing from TT, to 5ver, to Toy Hauler, my Wife and I ordered our 2021 Imagine 2670MK two weeks ago with estimated pickup ~April 1st. We had to special order as we wanted both the Booth Dinette and the tri-fold sofa to gain sleeping areas for guest visits as opposed to the free standing table and theater seating most dealers spec out.

This floor plan seemed ideal as I work from home so the desk is useful until I retire and we decide it we go full time. We also ordered a slide topper for DR slide and the 2nd a/c as we live in the SE US, but we’re told GD wasn’t currently putting the second a/c in Imagines due to a shortage so, as our build is latter March, it’s a 50/50 shot as to whether we’ll have to get the dealer to install the 2nd a/c.

Question: When using the heat, does the electric fireplace supplement the gas to help keep the living area warmer?

Having come from using a MH, we are excited to try the towable way for at least a few years. I have to admit, the additional items to camp off grid (whenever) are a cost I did not consider carefully enough. Additional battery, 2-2500w propane gen., Bigfoot levelers (I’m spoiled), 30lb propane tanks, solar panels, etc. Accessories will probably reach another $10k!

I’m loving the input and this forum. Thanks for all of the great info.
    Last edited by Mjmnklm; 02-09-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Adding signature.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This last late fall we camped where it got down as low as 35 overnight, and only ran the fireplace. Well, I did cheat, and fired up the big furnace for about 30 min to take the chill out of the bedroom, bathroom a couple of mornings. But otherwise just used the fireplace.

The fan system for the ceiling unit in the living room in ours is very loud. Makes watching TV pretty hard. Seems to be a standard complaint for any RV. There are lots of videos and a commercial product that installs in the ceiling unit to smooth out and better direct the air, making it much quieter. I've seen references that GD is installing them on current models, but can't verify that. The mod looks pretty easy...so another to-do for me.....
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all,
    Can anyone tell me what brand of battery came on their 2020 or 2021 GD Imagine 2670? I don’t recall having checked. Also, please verify that it is one 12v DC battery. If so, one of the first mods I will do is add a second battery. Probably will add a second 12V battery in parallel to match the first and when they expire, I’ll go for the two 6V in series.

Also, if you have suggestion about a source for a good box and second battery, I’m all ears. Thanks in advance.
    2021 GDRV Reflection 320MKS 5ver (hauled by The Beast)
    The Beast - 2019 RAM 3500 Longhorn, CC, LB, DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO, Aisin 6spd, 4wd
    Previous: 2005 Minnie Winnie Class C towing 2014 Mini Cooper Countryman S (both 4 sale)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought 2023 TT style model 2670MK in Sep 2022. Interior colors are light and attractive. Using it about 4 1/2 months we had a vertical weather gasket twist up about 6 inches from top while retracting slide. (rear-passenger side with internal access). Apparently it attaches "peel & press" style. Trailer is wired for 2 roof-top A/C units (50AMP) but came with only one which is pleasantly quiet. Furnace is little loud as its located below large closet in bedroom. (BTW we switched into better mattress). Bathroom has barn door style that doesn't "lock" in use. (bizarre). Ours came with only 20lb LPG tanks (wishing they were 30gallon). Vertical pantry shelves right of refrigerator are deep and high but only 7" wide. Office desk is nice feature! We store small power floor vacuum under seating bench of dining area. Wish it had a broom closet Enjoy!
    Last edited by Insist on live music; 01-20-2023 at 07:27 PM.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Almost 2 years since my last post to this thread (trailer is now 6 yrs old). In that time we've also had to:

Replace the tires - not critical, but being proactive.
    Wiring for the brakes chafed inside the axel, disabling them. Had to pull new, better protected, wire.
    One plastic rivet for the shower stall popped loose.
    Some sheet metal screws for fenders on the outside easily back out/fall off in transit. Locktite or small bolts and nuts fixes.
    A couple of pieces of interior trim came off, brad nailer fixed it.

Never did anything about the booth seating/bed situation. Still hate it.
    Upgraded the mattress to a super thick one from Costco. Had to replace the gas struts under the bed as the new was so much heavier.

Currently typing from the desk - our longest stay ever this time - 3 months at Gulf Shores State Park in Alabama, fleeing the Minn. winter. A little cramped for that long, but I think the marriage will stay intact.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by melindae View Post
    We bought ours, a 2021, last fall and have had no problems. We full time so it gets serious use. We even spent a couple of months in the New England winter with zero issues (insulation boards and tarp skirting around the bottom with 2 shop lights underneath.)

I work from home so the desk is my perfect office. We installed 680 watts of solar on top. 4 100Ah Battleborn's in the pass-through and a 4000 Watt inverter. We can live off-grid until the tanks give out. We also upped the 2 20lb propane tanks to 30 lbs to help with the occasional winter cold.

The only problem we've had is the stovetop burners are close to the right wall, so we have to pay attention to pan position. Not a deal-breaker for us.

Any questions, shoot me a note!
    Melinda
    2021 GD 2670MK
    2020 Ford F150 Ecoboost Max Tow
    If I may ask, which weight distribution/sway control system do you use?

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm responding to SANDE005 response on what changes / upgrades they did. Fortunately, the GD 2670MK now comes with Goodyear Endurance ST tires. I had the unfortunate experience with my 2019 GD 2670MK experiencing a partially decapped Westlake tire which beat a hole in the floor of the TT. Many others on this forum have experienced the same issue. I heard it when it happened and stopped within 30 seconds but damage was done. It was interesting that the Trailer Tire pressure system did not alert because the tire didn't lose pressure but just partially decapped. Long story short, if you are running cheap tires, definitely change them out for better tires and carefully monitor pressures.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12