User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Researching Imagine 2670MK

Hello all! Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. Currently own a 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2773RB, but looking at trading into the Imagine 2670MK. We love the floor plan and the space it offers.
    I would appreciate any input current 2670MK owners have regarding how the unit is holding up, any issues you’ve had, how has GD customer service been (if applicable), and what available upgrades you might recommend based on your use of the rig.
    The DW and I live in Texas and are hoping to begin traveling out of state on longer trips in the near future once retired. We like our current unit, but the GD’s we’ve looked at seem like they may be built a bit more solidly. Any input regarding reliability on any models would also be appreciated.

Safe travels to all!
    Rick
    2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2773RB (for now)
    2019 Chevrolet 1500 LTZ Max Tow Pkg

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought ours, a 2021, last fall and have had no problems. We full time so it gets serious use. We even spent a couple of months in the New England winter with zero issues (insulation boards and tarp skirting around the bottom with 2 shop lights underneath.)

I work from home so the desk is my perfect office. We installed 680 watts of solar on top. 4 100Ah Battleborn's in the pass-through and a 4000 Watt inverter. We can live off-grid until the tanks give out. We also upped the 2 20lb propane tanks to 30 lbs to help with the occasional winter cold.

The only problem we've had is the stovetop burners are close to the right wall, so we have to pay attention to pan position. Not a deal-breaker for us.

Any questions, shoot me a note!
    Melinda
    2021 GD 2670MK
    2020 Ford F150 Ecoboost Max Tow

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information! We really like this floor plan and were hoping that it has held up well for people. Thank you for taking time to reply! Enjoy!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Mine's a 2017 model year. Getting toward 15,000 miles on it. More due to age than anything, I'll probably get new tires this spring. We had a few minor warranty things early on, and there were a couple of recalls on it. I upgraded the batteries to 2 6v, and we had the dealer install two fans when we got it - one in the bedroom, one in the kitchen. It's proven out to not need the second AC. But maybe in Texas, that would be a much different consideration. Without the 2nd AC, we don't need 50amp hookups, ever. We got the booth version, thinking a spare bed for the occasional times a grandkid stayed over. It's near impossible to convert to a bed, and not very stable. We just put an air mattress on the floor now. That may be a future project - rip out the booth and just go with table and chairs...or maybe a hide-a-bed couch.
    Mine was terribly light on the tongue, so we got lots of sway. Rather than play the game of numerous hitches, and all other attempts to fix failed, I just broke down and got the very expensive ProPride. Expect your correct tongue weight, moderately loaded, to come in around 950 lbs.
    Probably the only design things otherwise I don't like 1.) The shade from the awning is blocked by the kitchen slide, so the shade is only really useful from the door forward. Wish they had put 2 awnings on - one on the slide, one for the front. 2) Getting at the water pump for winterizing is a pain - have to disassemble a panel in the pass through. It would have been too easy for them to turn it in to a hinged door (another when-I-get-to-it mod).

My dealer has been excellent, although like them all, it can take forever to get an appointment. But once in, any work was done very quickly. I've contacted Grand Design a few times, with various questions. Service Reps have even trudged out in a true blizzard to verify something on an existing trailer on their lot for me. I had an issue with the thermostat that was out of warranty. I just wanted to verify the model number so I could order a replacement. Without a pause, they just shipped a new one direct to me at no charge.
    Last edited by sande005; 02-01-2021 at 04:53 PM.
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information, all great items to know! Glad it sounds like GD is responsive- I haven’t had to contact Dutchmen for any issues but based on that forum, doesn’t sound like they are on par with GD. Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickLB View Post
    Hello all! Thanks for allowing me to join the forum. Currently own a 2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2773RB, but looking at trading into the Imagine 2670MK. We love the floor plan and the space it offers.
    I would appreciate any input current 2670MK owners have regarding how the unit is holding up, any issues you’ve had, how has GD customer service been (if applicable), and what available upgrades you might recommend based on your use of the rig.
    The DW and I live in Texas and are hoping to begin traveling out of state on longer trips in the near future once retired. We like our current unit, but the GD’s we’ve looked at seem like they may be built a bit more solidly. Any input regarding reliability on any models would also be appreciated.

Safe travels to all!
    Rick
    2020 Dutchmen Astoria 2773RB (for now)
    2019 Chevrolet 1500 LTZ Max Tow Pkg
    Hi Rick, welcome to the forum. I had a 2018 2670Mk as my first travel trailer. it had a structural warranty issue that Grand Design took care of without any hesitation on their part. I did make a change to a 2021 2970RL this year due to the sleeping limitation of the 2670. I actually spent a week sleeping on one of the recliners and my wife on the table while our guests slept in the bedroom. We thought it would be just my wife & myself enjoying the trailer. Who knew we would be hosting adult grand kids, brother & sister in-law, mother & father in-law, etc. Anyway, we love(ed) both units. The only two draw backs with the 2670 were 1) as a rear kitchen design, it is tail heavy when fully loaded. I, like sande005, went to the ProPride hitch for sway control. 2) the placement of the furnace is under the double wardrobe in the bedroom. The few times we used the furnace, the heat distribution was heavily weighted towards the bedroom and the bathroom. Long heat run to the living area. Other than that, great rig. If you do make the swap, enjoy it. Blessings. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Frank, great information! The 2970RL is the other model we’re considering. The drawbacks we see are the split awning - seems like the gap would allow sun / rain right there at the door. Has that been an issue? I think I’d also miss the outdoor kitchen, but the additional seating inside would be great. It’s a difficult decision, but all the information being provided will certainly help. Thanks for responding!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Frank, great information! The 2970RL is the other model we’re considering. The drawbacks we see are the split awning - seems like the gap would allow sun / rain right there at the door. Has that been an issue? I think I’d also miss the outdoor kitchen, but the additional seating inside would be great. It’s a difficult decision, but all the information being provided will certainly help. Thanks for responding!
    As far as heat (and AC), I didn't like the uneven distribution either, but that was easily modified by buying vent covers that could be open/closed. So less heat in the bedroom, more in the living area, etc. We were taken with the outdoor kitchen, but now after living with it...the stove is no better than a standard Coleman camping stove, and is a bit of a pain to hook up to gas when you want to use it. The fridge is a standard 120v "dorm" fridge. Stays cold for a pretty long time if full, but only runs if you are plugged into shore power. On a really hot summer day, with the compartment closed but the fridge running, there can be a lot of heat buildup inside. No problems yet, but another reason we don't trust it with perishables. We've relegated it to be a backup beverage fridge, and that is about all. No safety lock on the fridge door, so if you have a number of cans/bottles in there that have shifted while on the road, one has to be a bit careful if opening the hatch - the fridge door can swing open, and everything rolls out. Hmm, another "to-do" item on the list...put a latch on the fridge!
    For stops on the road, bathroom access is fine. Interior fridge access is impossible, unless you move a slide out. And...always take it very slow and double check when opening slides - desk drawers can come out, or worse the fridge door can spring open, and then carnage ensues when the slide moves. Those I do have alternative means to prevent them from opening installed...
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good observation. yes, the awning split on the 2970 is a bit of a nuisance. The plus side is the second awning is mounted on the slide, so you get full use of whatever shade it provides. With the 2670, you lose the first two feet of the shade due to the slide. I also used a pool noodle on the top of the slide to prevent the awning fabric from rubbing. As for the outdoor kitchen, we used only the fridge for keeping lunch cold on the road. Never used the outdoor stove. We cook all of our meals outdoors when possible. The outdoor kitchen provided is hardly adequate for that task. Prep in the super kitchen, cook outside on the Blackstone, love it!
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great take on those points. Will certainly give us things to consider that will help our decision. Thank you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast